The dressing room.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dressing room.

If the defeat against Blackpool proved something, it is the discontent among the players with SM. I go as far as to say that SM is losing the dressing room. He dropped the idea of playing our 'promising' youngsters; the likes of Sylla and Pawel is kept away from the first team week after week and unless there are injuries, no other player will take place those fifteen which currently, are always on SM mind. I think that fringe players are realising that it is very difficult to break into the first eleven as things stand now. The back four are almost guaranteed their place; the same goes for the three in the midfield, perhaps adding Cousins and Cameroon in some games. Eze is guaranteed his place, as are Hemed and Wells. The others are realising this, and it will backfire. I think there was a message in the Blackpool game, which if its the case, I totally condemn. Every player must fight for his place, However, SM must make more use of the youngsters that were doing so well last season.

I think its just the players didn't perform and it's THEIR attitude that needs to change. I stand by McLaren by slagging off the players. They were given a chance to perform (like they were given in the last rounds) and didn't perform.

Comment

Hopefully not.; our players have an important match to play on Satuday!!
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
        I think its just the players didn't perform and it's THEIR attitude that needs to change. I stand by McLaren by slagging off the players. They were given a chance to perform (like they were given in the last rounds) and didn't perform.
        this. this time last week we were praising mcclaren as the second coming for dismantling millwall! a week later and he's worse than ollie

Comment

Not every time we lose or have a bad patch is the 'dressing room lost'

1. Players want to play, sadly, those who played against Blackpool are on the fringe.
          2. Those players who played wasn't a good mix
          3. We lost quite easily, partly down to the chosen players and mix.

END.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
            Totally. Too many young players today believe their own hype. The last person they look to blame for not breaking into the first team is themselves.
            Mate of my sons, whose 14 has just been let go by Fulham and him and his parents are whinging and whining about how mistreated he was and how unfair it is. Apparently the coaching staff had their favourites and he wasn’t one of them. The favourites are generally the ones that have the application and ability, simple as that. He’s only 14 so I can understand his sulks but fu€k me, his parents really should know better and are fuelling his shite attitude.

“He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

Unbeaten in 4, with 3 of those being wins.... we then go on to lose 2 games and 1 of which is an experimental game for SM to see what certain players bring to the table. And now hes now losing the dressing room??

You say losing the dressing room. 1 of those defeats was a dressing room made up of players not even in the 1st team.

OTT imo. Main thing is stay up, give the new manager time to see what players he's got and then start experimenting with the 1st team.

SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Unbeaten in 4, with 3 of those being wins.... we then go on to lose 2 games and 1 of which is an experimental game for SM to see what certain players bring to the table. And now hes now losing the dressing room??

You say losing the dressing room. 1 of those defeats was a dressing room made up of players not even in the 1st team.

OTT imo. Main thing is stay up, give the new manager time to see what players he's got and then start experimenting with the 1st team.
                Yep! This!!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

this. this time last week we were praising mcclaren as the second coming for dismantling millwall! a week later and he's worse than ollie
                  But it wasn't S Mc that beat m/wall Corbs it was the players jist like it was the players that didn't bother at Blackpool , I'm all for the manager but something was badly wrong with attitude , think the o p has something , this is going get the clique sharpening their chivs we've gone from Ollie who talks and acts like a kid which is his strong point keeping players happy , to S Mc that is the oppersite

Comment

Lost the dressing room? Jesus ####ing Christ. Most championship teams play weakened sides in this competition ffs. Mclaren was giving fringe players the pedalstool and the opportunity to say “look what I can do”. It’s not his fault they’ve all bottled it is it? Players like bos and smyth are capable of far more and neither of them did #### all. Scowen, a so called senior pro had to be hooked before he got himself sent off, Is that mclarens fault as well? When are we going to stop pointing the finger of blame at whoever’s in the dugout and start expecting a bit more from these players? Why should smyth and bos and cousins and smith and pav all get away with inept performances? They have all taken a decent wedge home this week for playing like absolute ##### yet it’s steves fault for losing the dressing room.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      it wasn't S Mc that beat m/wall Corbs it was the players
                      Sorry if this causes offence....but what an unbelievably dumb comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Sorry if this causes offence....but what an unbelievably dumb comment
                        Been out in the garden again Stan nice weather for a spot of digging ! You got the meaning you ain't comb

Comment

No offence Dogs but I mean it. It's a totally illogical and nonsensical comment mate. Hopefully you will realise that too if you reflect on what you have actually said there.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                            Lost the dressing room? Jesus ####ing Christ. Most championship teams play weakened sides in this competition ffs. Mclaren was giving fringe players the pedalstool and the opportunity to say “look what I can do”. It’s not his fault they’ve all bottled it is it? Players like bos and smyth are capable of far more and neither of them did #### all. Scowen, a so called senior pro had to be hooked before he got himself sent off, Is that mclarens fault as well? When are we going to stop pointing the finger of blame at whoever’s in the dugout and start expecting a bit more from these players? Why should smyth and bos and cousins and smith and pav all get away with inept performances? They have all taken a decent wedge home this week for playing like absolute ##### yet it’s steves fault for losing the dressing room.
                            You confirmed my point mate. You named players that we all know what they're capable of. Yet, they did not perform. Why? I am not blaming SM, just signalling that those players that we had high hopes of and are now fringe players, sent their message. They are unhappy. SM said this as well, by pointing out that these were giving the chance to shine and they blew it. Pawel scored twice in the previous rounds. Smyth was top last season and played a blinder for Ireland. BOS was fantastic in previous rounds. Smith knew that his place was taken by Wells and Hemed. Scowen knows that Cameroon will be first choice. Kakay realised that he will never replace Rangel. It is so clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              No offence Dogs but I mean it. It's a totally illogical and nonsensical comment mate. Hopefully you will realise that too if you reflect on what you have actually said there.
                              You are trying to have a dig !! But I'll explain my point the player earned the praise after Beating a poor m/wall , the players now deserve the criticism for the lack of effort at B/pool , the manager can only send them with his instructions , if they don't pay heed it's them the players , dig out of that what you like

Comment

Working...
                              X