Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
    Never like to criticise our own but my word its getting a bit embarrasing now...

    We lose a cup game in which arguably our u23's squad played, to a Blackpool side on a half-decent run and its like the whole world has fallen apart. Who can honestly tell me they didnt see that result coming when the lineups were released? Yeah its not a great result, but if the fringe players dont impress then what can we do.If Steve puts out first team players and then they are unfit at the weekend, you'd be moaning at him then too.

    The reaction after the Millwall result was equally as embarrasing. Probably the best performance we've had in a long long time and everyone was right to enjoy it, but the sudden talk of promotion and play-offs after one good win? Ludicrous.

    When we lose the club goes into absolute meltdown ('Sack the manager', 'McClaren Out') and as soon as we win we're contenders for the top 6! Would be nice for a change for the whole fan-base to just get behind the team/manager and see how the season goes. We've got a good squad and the potential to have a good season, lets just see where it takes us.
    I think you are spot on. Shame on me.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      Didn't Bradford make the final a few years ago? B team or not it seems like there was no desire within the club to go any further. It's the same every year with talk about players knocking on the managers door, show me what you can do etc. Seems to me that the players themselves don't believe there is any point to this competition.
      Considering we were in the third tier of English football when we won this competition, why would anyone think its an impossibility to ever win it again ? Plus it is the only thing weve ever actually won , and we still talk about 67 now . I can`t believe supporters would rather have a extra couple of points in the league than have a day out at Wembley and see QPR lift a real trophy .
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by vespa View Post

        Considering we were in the third tier of English football when we won this competition, why would anyone think its an impossibility to ever win it again ? Plus it is the only thing weve ever actually won , and we still talk about 67 now . I can`t believe supporters would rather have a extra couple of points in the league than have a day out at Wembley and see QPR lift a real trophy .
        Because the gap between the Premier League and the lower divisions is significantly bigger compared to then. The likes of United/City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs etc can put their kids or reserves out now and win at a canter, whereas back then they played their strongest team for fear of the lower league opposition being bang up for it, which as you say we proved when we won it. You can't tell me that a League One club winning the League Cup would be anything short of an absolute miracle these days mate.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

        Ebere Eze - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 2
        Pawel Wszolek - 2
        Luke Freeman - 2
        Joel Lynch - 1
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 1
        Matt Smith - 1
        Massimo Luongo - 1
        Toni Leistner - 1
        Geoff Cameron - 1

        Summer Transfers 2018

        IN
        Toni Leistner, Angel Rangel, Tomer Hemed (loan), Nakhi Wells (loan), Geoff Cameron (loan).

        OUT
        Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Nedum Onuoha, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jack Robinson, Alex Smithies, David Wheeler (loan), Ryan Manning (loan), Conor Washington.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

          Because the gap between the Premier League and the lower divisions is significantly bigger compared to then. The likes of United/City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs etc can put their kids or reserves out now and win at a canter, whereas back then they played their strongest team for fear of the lower league opposition being bang up for it, which as you say we proved when we won it. You can't tell me that a League One club winning the League Cup would be anything short of an absolute miracle these days mate.
          All true points Ginge, but off the top of my head Millwall have got to the FA Cup final and Bradford to the League Cup finals in recent years , both got beat though ! All i`m saying is a day out at Wembley is worth going for and with a bit of luck could be achievable especially if everyone else is putting out kids .
          Remember the League cup games with Chelsea and Liverpool in our run in 86 ,Michael Robinson from the halfway line ? The two own goals at Anfield ? I`m getting a bit emotional now !!!!
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by vespa View Post

            All true points Ginge, but off the top of my head Millwall have got to the FA Cup final and Bradford to the League Cup finals in recent years , both got beat though ! All i`m saying is a day out at Wembley is worth going for and with a bit of luck could be achievable especially if everyone else is putting out kids .
            Remember the League cup games with Chelsea and Liverpool in our run in 86 ,Michael Robinson from the halfway line ? The two own goals at Anfield ? I`m getting a bit emotional now !!!!
            I was born in 1986 mate, I wouldn't know
            Maybe that's the reason for my not giving a sh!t about cup competitions, the furthest I remember us going is Round 4 away to United back in 2008. The entire time I've been a fan we've been sh!t in the cup.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

            Ebere Eze - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 2
            Pawel Wszolek - 2
            Luke Freeman - 2
            Joel Lynch - 1
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 1
            Matt Smith - 1
            Massimo Luongo - 1
            Toni Leistner - 1
            Geoff Cameron - 1

            Summer Transfers 2018

            IN
            Toni Leistner, Angel Rangel, Tomer Hemed (loan), Nakhi Wells (loan), Geoff Cameron (loan).

            OUT
            Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Nedum Onuoha, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jack Robinson, Alex Smithies, David Wheeler (loan), Ryan Manning (loan), Conor Washington.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

              I was born in 1986 mate, I wouldn't know
              Maybe that's the reason for my not giving a sh!t about cup competitions, the furthest I remember us going is Round 4 away to United back in 2008. The entire time I've been a fan we've been sh!t in the cup.
              Youve made me feel proper old !! Lucky i wasn`t banging on about the Cup run 82 too !
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

              Comment


              • #22
                our fans . . . deserting in their thousands. Like the EU, fed up with the bullsh it
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

                Comment


                • #23
                  every game QPR play we should put out our best 11 , life is about memories u make and we've missed out on say a big home tie .... the derby fans that went to old trafford and saw them win will never forget that night

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I can confidently predict we will win some games this season and we will lose some - when we win a couple that does not make us play off contenders similarly when we lose a couple we don't need to sack the manager , the board , the team, and jude the cat! Passion is what makes us fans but at the same time a dose of realism doesn't hurt.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      McClaren should have picked a team to win. Winning, in whatever competition, builds confidence and confidence brings positive results and boosts the club as a whole. Yes I do give a Flying #### about cup games, as a good run in the Carabao cup would bring positivity to the fans, squad and club as a whole. we are not going to get promoted anytime soon so the slim chance of winning a cup is great for fans to hang onto IMHO.
                      22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                        Blackpool made 5 changes but they still managed to perform to an acceptable level.
                        Those 5 changes have all played a part this season in a team that has lost 1 game.

                        Our changes have either played fck all in the league or, when they have, have been part of a sh*t bottom of the Championship side.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Totally agree. Resting the first team is fine. The reserves should have come in and been better than what they were but this whole SACK THE MANAGER crap is boring. There are threads during the good run we had abotu how we are brilliant.

                          Again, I am somewhere in the middle but I certainly wouldn't ever say to sack someone after 2 bad games. 1 bad game in the cup that we (the fans) dont care about either. The fact that we had 3-4k home fans in the other 2 games shows that we don't care. Double standards.

                          We should play our best 11, but we won't bring the usual numbers to back them and to show that we do care.

                          And im not digging those that went, fair play to you. I have a season ticket but I don't really care for the league cup so always happy with rotation, like 805 of the clubs that enter.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                            The fact that we had 3-4k home fans in the other 2 games shows that we don't care. Double standards.
                            Surprised even that many show. No double standards at all. Fans don't show cos they know the clubs don't care....or more simply "They started it!"
                            "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                              McClaren should have picked a team to win. Winning, in whatever competition, builds confidence and confidence brings positive results and boosts the club as a whole. Yes I do give a Flying #### about cup games, as a good run in the Carabao cup would bring positivity to the fans, squad and club as a whole. we are not going to get promoted anytime soon so the slim chance of winning a cup is great for fans to hang onto IMHO.
                              Of course he picked a team to win. He picked largely the same team in the first 2 rounds which, shock of shocks, we won.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

                              Ebere Eze - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 2
                              Pawel Wszolek - 2
                              Luke Freeman - 2
                              Joel Lynch - 1
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 1
                              Matt Smith - 1
                              Massimo Luongo - 1
                              Toni Leistner - 1
                              Geoff Cameron - 1

                              Summer Transfers 2018

                              IN
                              Toni Leistner, Angel Rangel, Tomer Hemed (loan), Nakhi Wells (loan), Geoff Cameron (loan).

                              OUT
                              Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Nedum Onuoha, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jack Robinson, Alex Smithies, David Wheeler (loan), Ryan Manning (loan), Conor Washington.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
                                Never like to criticise our own but my word its getting a bit embarrasing now...

                                We lose a cup game in which arguably our u23's squad played, to a Blackpool side on a half-decent run and its like the whole world has fallen apart. Who can honestly tell me they didnt see that result coming when the lineups were released? Yeah its not a great result, but if the fringe players dont impress then what can we do.If Steve puts out first team players and then they are unfit at the weekend, you'd be moaning at him then too.

                                The reaction after the Millwall result was equally as embarrasing. Probably the best performance we've had in a long long time and everyone was right to enjoy it, but the sudden talk of promotion and play-offs after one good win? Ludicrous.

                                When we lose the club goes into absolute meltdown ('Sack the manager', 'McClaren Out') and as soon as we win we're contenders for the top 6! Would be nice for a change for the whole fan-base to just get behind the team/manager and see how the season goes. We've got a good squad and the potential to have a good season, lets just see where it takes us.
                                I take your point about the fringe players and yes it was expected after seeing the line up, especially the pathetic choice of subs.

                                McLaren should have at least had some 1st team players like Wells, Eze, Luongo and Freeman on the bench in case the 1st half didn't go well and there would have been a chance to get into the game.

                                I understand there are some fans on here and other mbs that don't give a toss about the cups, but there are many of us who do, and I don't accept that going on a cup run needs to lead to a poor league performance (and the stats over the last 10 years or so would prove that).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X