Ferdinand linked with new job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

That's true but my point is in relation to any manager having the power to bring in who they want etc. I think the DOF model is much more appropriate for our club.
    Well if he goes I'm hoping Amit will have the savvy to keep things in check without the need of another dof

Comment

when it comes to les his tenure has been mixed imo. theres lots of positives but also lots of negatives.
      bringing in jfh was a bad move BUT at the time many people were happy with it, he was punching above his weight at burton and had them in 2nd in league 1 when he came to us so at the time it seemed like a very shrewd appointment.

he's also brought in chris ramsey who has done a spectacular job with our academy and picking up diamonds in the rough.

plus hes also slashed our wage bill whilst keeping us fairly competetive, other teams past and present in our situation have been relegated.

however he's also picked up a few bad signings that ended up losing the club money like ariel and a few others for example.

plus he's made some pretty bad managerial decisions like not keeping warnock. and he's also partly to blame for us not keeping the likes of ned and robbo.

i don't think he's done as awful as some make out though but if he left i wouldn't cry about it, we could even be in a better position but only time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Well if he goes I'm hoping Amit will have the savvy to keep things in check without the need of another dof
        Well hopefully but that depends how much time Amit is committing to the club I guess.

Comment

The board needed a DOF because they didn't have a clue how football works. It's now clear that clues are absent from both boards and DOFs.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Yes, he has done some decent things fir QPR and he is a club playing legend.

However, he has made a number of costly errors.

Who advised TF to not spend in the January 2015 window?
            Who appointed Ramsay as caretaker manager instead of looking around for someone with a bit more experience of 1st team football management at a decent level.

He let Warnock go in favor of JFH. He could also have considered Jokanivic who instead got a job at Fulham. I wonder what those two have achieved at the clubs they went to instead.

The signing of Washington was a huge gamble and error. He had a decent scoring run in League 2 but you don't go spending the amount he did on a purple patch.especially when funds are low.

THIS!!! Ferdinand as DOF has been a disaster for the club. We’ve gone from being a PL club to looking over our shoulder at the foot of the Championship under his tenure. His insane appointment of Ramsey as manager guaranteed our relegation from the PL. The sooner he’s gone the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

THIS!!! Ferdinand as DOF has been a disaster for the club. We’ve gone from being a PL club to looking over our shoulder at the foot of the Championship under his tenure. His insane appointment of Ramsey as manager guaranteed our relegation from the PL. The sooner he’s gone the better.
              It hasn’t been a disaster & things have changed for the good of the club, yes errors have been made & he wasn’t the only one making them, he wasn’t around when in premier under those two idiots but wish he was as we wouldn’t be in this mess know.

Comment

But he was around and instrumental in the Ramsey appointment which guaranteed our relegation to the Championship. All our problems are clearly not just down to Ferdinand but he hasn’t fixed anything either...

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Well hopefully but that depends how much time Amit is committing to the club I guess.
                  Yeah and there lies the problem buddy

Comment

But premiership club in the loosest sense. It wasn't like in February 2015 when SLF took over the role we were going for Europe ..we were I think 2nd from bottom.

Comment

just tell him to fluck off useless money grabbing git

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post

But premiership club in the loosest sense. It wasn't like in February 2015 when SLF took over the role we were going for Europe ..we were I think 2nd from bottom.
                        But only one point from safty

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          when it comes to les his tenure has been mixed imo. theres lots of positives but also lots of negatives.
                          bringing in jfh was a bad move BUT at the time many people were happy with it, he was punching above his weight at burton and had them in 2nd in league 1 when he came to us so at the time it seemed like a very shrewd appointment.

he's also brought in chris ramsey who has done a spectacular job with our academy and picking up diamonds in the rough.

plus hes also slashed our wage bill whilst keeping us fairly competetive, other teams past and present in our situation have been relegated.

however he's also picked up a few bad signings that ended up losing the club money like ariel and a few others for example.

plus he's made some pretty bad managerial decisions like not keeping warnock. and he's also partly to blame for us not keeping the likes of ned and robbo.

i don't think he's done as awful as some make out though but if he left i wouldn't cry about it, we could even be in a better position but only time will tell

Corbs you say Ramsey has done a spectacular job with our academy I don't know about that who has progressed though to 1st team in three years has he picked up any rough diamonds I thought that Penrice did that
                          . Les slashed the wage bill dunno about that either mucker ! As I've already said they squeezed every last penny before the left out of contract .
                          But the rest I agree with

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            He let Warnock go in favor of JFH.
                            One of the worst decisions the club have made in my 50 odd years supporting them. No hindsight either. What a complete tossa.

Comment

[QUOTE=hal9thou;n2488354]

One of the worst decisions the club have made in my 50 odd years supporting them. No hindsight either. What a complete tossa.[/QUO

Verging on moronic

Comment

I can't say anything at the moment the way I feel just now I just want them all to fkcu off

Comment

Working...
                                X