Ferdinand linked with new job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SKY SOURCES: Les Ferdinand holds initial talks with FA over technical director role. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SSN?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SSN</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/QPR?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#QPR</a> <a href="https://t.co/zBODlwgkVx">pic.twitter.com/zBODlwgkVx</a><br><br>Evil Les Rating: <a href="https://t.co/Oy5DpqovLI">pic.twitter.com/Oy5DpqovLI</a></p>&mdash; Gaz (@ZooropR) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZooropR/status/1045646758813093889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Well well well Les planning on walking out on QPR again..........proper loyal.
    Only 2 clubs he loves is spurs and the sir les club

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      Please hurry up and fark off.
      Take your grin with you.
      #carefulwhatyouwishfor

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        Please hurry up and fark off.
        Take your grin with you.
        Hope he takes your brolly with him and get Holloway back
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

His overall record here has been very poor.

The disastrous recruitment of JFH was, I understand, very much down to him. This was the man who deemed JFH a better bet than NW, god help us. He did nothing to support NW x 2, and subsequently rubber stamped Ollie. His signings included CW.

We can't blame him as he had absolutely no experience. I wouldn't have him running the local filling station. How typical that the FA, another organisation which rifts from crisis to crisis, are interested.

Comment

No one knows how a managerial appt will go. Was his record as bad as Ollies despite the boring football?!
            I doubt he had any choice regarding Ollie as Fernandes wanted him.
            I would guess there was a clash of personalities with Les and Warnock, i agree he should have stayed.
            Conor was always going to be a big risk and with hindsight maybe we should have waited longer to see how he performed for Peterborough but the fee was quite steep for someone so inexperienced but nowadays players like him are going for double, and lets be honest he was doing well when we got him.
            I think Les had done ok for someone so inexperienced when he came in. He's had a difficult job on his hands with wildly changing circumstances. Think he deserves more credit.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
              No one knows how a managerial appt will go. Was his record as bad as Ollies despite the boring football?!
              I doubt he had any choice regarding Ollie as Fernandes wanted him.
              I would guess there was a clash of personalities with Les and Warnock, i agree he should have stayed.
              Conor was always going to be a big risk and with hindsight maybe we should have waited longer to see how he performed for Peterborough but the fee was quite steep for someone so inexperienced but nowadays players like him are going for double, and lets be honest he was doing well when we got him.
              I think Les had done ok for someone so inexperienced when he came in. He's had a difficult job on his hands with wildly changing circumstances. Think he deserves more credit.
              Good post Jeff. There has been a lot of good stuff going on at the club and it would appear there are people who want to give him no credit for that but wish to blame him for all the bad stuff that has gone on.
              If people think ditching a DOF and going for another round of a new manager every six months along with another load of new players will work then good luck with that. It worked really well for us before didn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Good post Jeff. There has been a lot of good stuff going on at the club and it would appear there are people who want to give him no credit for that but wish to blame him for all the bad stuff that has gone on.
                If people think ditching a DOF and going for another round of a new manager every six months along with another load of new players will work then good luck with that. It worked really well for us before didn't it!
                Holloway is the only one to exceed that six months under the dof
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 28-09-2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I don't think Holloway exceeded in anything but odd decisions. If he had any nouse his tenure would have been a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Holloway is the only one to exceed that under the dof
                    Exceed? You been down the pub? Are you Pinkie in disguise? Have you somehow broken loose of a straightjacket? He almost took us down from a position of safety, those various losing runs, that horrible formation and weird outbursts. Only improved after either someone had a word with him about formations or micro managed him for last few months of last season depending on which version you believe.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Totally agree. One of the advantages of having a DoF is it gives more overall stability.

If Les goes maybe we could put 'Arry in role?

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Totally agree. One of the advantages of having a DoF is it gives more overall stability.

If Les goes maybe we could put 'Arry in role?
                        Fark me do our fans never learn. Having Harry back in a position of power would be an absolute disaster for the club. In fact I'm not sure if you're having a laugh or not.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Fark me do our fans never learn. Having Harry back in a position of power would be an absolute disaster for the club. In fact I'm not sure if you're having a laugh or not.
                          Could be quite funny. You can imagine him slobbering out his interviews from the window of his range rover. 'It's differcult. I was walking the dog down Sandbanks while Sandra was riding a giraffe next to me and we was talking about how hard it all is. You can only do what you can do. We are in a land of fallen giants. Never going to be easy.'

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Exceed? You been down the pub? Are you Pinkie in disguise? Have you somehow broken loose of a straightjacket? He almost took us down from a position of safety, those various losing runs, that horrible formation and weird outbursts. Only improved after either someone had a word with him about formations or micro managed him for last few months of last season depending on which version you believe.
                            ok I'm pinky in disguise yes ive been down the pub and I got more intelegence from others in the straight jacket , I was answering CCJ do we want to go back to a manager every six months Holloway was the only one to exceed that six months Ramsey six months twice JFH six months

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Holloway is the only one to exceed that six months under the dof
                              That's true but my point is in relation to any manager having the power to bring in who they want etc. I think the DOF model is much more appropriate for our club.

Comment

Yes, he has done some decent things fir QPR and he is a club playing legend.

However, he has made a number of costly errors.

Who advised TF to not spend in the January 2015 window?
                                Who appointed Ramsay as caretaker manager instead of looking around for someone with a bit more experience of 1st team football management at a decent level.

He let Warnock go in favor of JFH. He could also have considered Jokanivic who instead got a job at Fulham. I wonder what those two have achieved at the clubs they went to instead.

The signing of Washington was a huge gamble and error. He had a decent scoring run in League 2 but you don't go spending the amount he did on a purple patch.especially when funds are low.

Comment

Working...
                                X