No announcement yet.

McClaren is proving to be an average manager at best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just read a report of the match by some poor sod who went. It makes you want to weep, how much more do we have to put up with this s hite?
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      when he was appointed i don't think i heard anything positive about him from any of my friends that support other teams
      tbf to any average supporter he's always going to be remembered as "wally with a brolly" no matter what.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        just read a report of the match by some poor sod who went. It makes you want to weep, how much more do we have to put up with this s hite?
        Just seen a few articles in which McClaren has basically admitted to using this competition to determine whether or not some of the fringe players have a long term future with us. Apparently, it seems to have settled the issue that some don’t.

I don’t personally have a problem with this approach, as no team seems to take it seriously in any way. All I would ask is that the club make it perfectly clear what their approach is, refrain from making it look like we are at all interested in future and make it perfectly clear to those who may travel hundreds of miles, that they are doing so to watch a glorified training ground experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I thought after Millwall we were planning a promotion party ?
          Lol. Very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Clubs have such low gates because the competition has been disrespected so much. I think it's time for clubs to be completely upfront and say we are playing the u23s this year in the league cup and will be using the games as trials and fitness exercises or else have the option of not entering it at all. Not fair on the 600 or so that went to Blackpool last night or even those that attended the first 2 rounds hoping we might go somewhere in the tournament.
            This.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Just seen a few articles in which McClaren has basically admitted to using this competition to determine whether or not some of the fringe players have a long term future with us. Apparently, it seems to have settled the issue that some don’t.

I don’t personally have a problem with this approach, as no team seems to take it seriously in any way. All I would ask is that the club make it perfectly clear what their approach is, refrain from making it look like we are at all interested in future and make it perfectly clear to those who may travel hundreds of miles, that they are doing so to watch a glorified training ground experiment.
              TBF to McClaren he started more or less the same team that beat Bristol Rovers in the previous round except Scowen for Washington, so I don´t think anyone could be entitled to believe it would be any different against Blackpool than it was? Did anyone miss Conor from the lineup btw.?

Team sheet vs Bristol:
              • 1Ingram
              • 24Kakay
              • 15Baptiste
              • 4HallSubstituted forOwensat 65'minutes
              • 28Hamalainen
              • 23Wszolek
              • 8Cousins
              • 19ChairSubstituted forSmythat 60'minutes
              • 20Osayi-SamuelBooked at 83minsSubstituted forBettacheat 85'minutes
              • 17Smith
              • 9Washington
              Substitutes

• 13Lumley
              • 18Oteh
              • 30Owens
              • 38Smyth
              • 41Fox
              • 42Felix
              • 44Bettache
              Against Blackpool:
              • 1Ingram
              • 4Hall
              • 8CousinsBooked at 70mins
              • 11ScowenBooked at 20minsSubstituted forGossat 25'minutes
              • 15Baptiste
              • 17Smith
              • 19ChairBooked at 34minsSubstituted forSmythat 45'minutes
              • 23Wszolek
              • 20Osayi-SamuelSubstituted forOtehat 77'minutes
              • 28Hamalainen
              • 24KakayBooked at 22mins
              • Substitutes

• 6Goss
              • 18Oteh
              • 30Owens
              • 38Smyth
              • 43Dalling
              • 45Brzozowski
              • 46Omar
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

And some are saying that we lost because they hadn't played together before!! These players have been playing day in day out together for at least a year and most longer. If they don't know each others game by now they may as well not bother coming to training. Many many competitive games too.

Comment

Isn't it funny that there were none of these "disrespecting the cup" threads after we won, with a weakened side I might add, in the first 2 rounds?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Isn't it funny that there were none of these "disrespecting the cup" threads after we won, with a weakened side I might add, in the first 2 rounds?
                    And we played more or less the same line ups too.

Comment

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/member...smyths-mum/#48

Comment

I know a lot of you will remember the relegation from the prem in 95.
                        So again you will all remember the god awful years that followed.
                        Remember the Houston/Rioch, Harford Keith Rowland...oh jeez they were pointless depressing years.
                        Players like Kulscar Warren etc, losing to teams like Bradford ......Awful times awful teams awful players.
                        Well those times are back, and the sooner we accept it the happier we'll all be.
                        We aren't going to get promoted we aren't going to win a cup, and our players aren't as good as we think.
                        Sorry to be so blunt and depressing but the sooner we all stop dreaming the easier life will be.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          I know a lot of you will remember the relegation from the prem in 95.
                          So again you will all remember the god awful years that followed.
                          Remember the Houston/Rioch, Harford Keith Rowland...oh jeez they were pointless depressing years.
                          Players like Kulscar Warren etc, losing to teams like Bradford ......Awful times awful teams awful players.
                          Well those times are back, and the sooner we accept it the happier we'll all be.
                          We aren't going to get promoted we aren't going to win a cup, and our players aren't as good as we think.
                          Sorry to be so blunt and depressing but the sooner we all stop dreaming the easier life will be.
                          F ucking hell lets all go kill ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post

I just knew someone would post that

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Well if you want to., but people need to realise what being a QPR fan is in this climate of financial fixing period
                                We will never be capable of challenging for honours in this division or above.
                                We were lucky enough to get the best manager this division has ever had, return to us after we sacked him.
                                And what did we do?...Sacked him again.
                                But now even our budget is probably beyond him.
                                All I'm saying is, instead of going ballistic after a loss, (something i have done) or talk promotion after two wins
                                just lets try keeping level.

Comment

Working...
                                X