McClaren is proving to be an average manager at best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McClaren is proving to be an average manager at best

And given it's what the fans of every former team he's managed have said, it can't come as a surprise. We know he's a good coach. But manager? Not so much. One of the few positives in having SMC as manager seems to be his ability to attract loanees such as Wells and Hamed. I assume his reputation is enough of a draw for them, and this is one area he would surpass Ollie. But apart from that this is all depressingly familiar: inconsistent team choices, bad tactics, too-late substitutions, not playing wingers, no respect for cup games....

We've got a decent squad for this division. We just need a decent manager. We seem to have merely an average one.

No one respects the bloody cup. Not until the last 16. How can we slate the club for playing reserves when we sell 4,000 home tickets for the same competition?!

Big game on Saturday though, no mistake about that. If you do decide to rest players then the next game has more pressure to back up the decision.

Comment

Still too early to judge him, imo. But the signs are there.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Clubs have such low gates because the competition has been disrespected so much. I think it's time for clubs to be completely upfront and say we are playing the u23s this year in the league cup and will be using the games as trials and fitness exercises or else have the option of not entering it at all. Not fair on the 600 or so that went to Blackpool last night or even those that attended the first 2 rounds hoping we might go somewhere in the tournament.

Comment

I wonder why David Moyes was at Loftus Road on Saturday.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

We would be fools to dump SM already but then again it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we did

Comment

I thought after Millwall we were planning a promotion party ?

Comment

I think they should do away with it. No one wants it anymore what’s the point

Comment

Average manager at best, for an average club at best..... Lets be honest weve not exactly been inviting in recent times for any decent managers. What with bubbles the clown running the show (thank fark he's stepped down)and a dof telling you what's what...... Still think its still to early to really judge SM though. Also think at present day we've got a decent side (especially now we've got half decent goal threat) , just takes time with new manager/players. Main thing this season is not to get caught up in a relegation battle.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    I think they should do away with it. No one wants it anymore what’s the point
                    Reckon if we'd 1 it'll be "lets go for it"
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

To be fair average would be an upgrade

Comment

I understand why we rest players etc and give others a chance but what i don't understand are either Olly's or now Steve's post match interviews. They are completely pointless, meaningless and utter ########. I hear lots of other managers talking sense after wins or defeats, whereas our last 2 managers just speak complete and utter rubbish. Surely we do our homework and think oh this side are going to be physical, so i will pick a team to compete or this side is going to pass the ball around a lot, so i will pick a side that will harass them and chase them down but no, we end up losing both games, with hardly a shot in anger in either game, against quite frankly quite poor opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Surely we do our homework and think oh this side are going to be physical, so i will pick a team to compete or this side is going to pass the ball around a lot, so i will pick a side that will harass them and chase them down.
                          We aint got the players to really dominate a midfield or to get in peoples faces. Certainly haven't got enough of them able do it.

Comment

Maybe Paul Clement, Gary Rowett, Alex Neill, Gary Monk, Neil Harris or any of the other amazing managers in the division should come and make this amazing squad perform to it's actual ability !!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              I wonder why David Moyes was at Loftus Road on Saturday.
                              To watch the game maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X