McClaren is proving to be an average manager at best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

We aint got the players to really dominate a midfield or to get in peoples faces. Certainly haven't got enough of them able do it.
    Mush we are talking Blackpool not a top division side. Millwall are a physical side but we got tactics right last week or more to the point, they got theirs totally wrong. I not advocating getting rid of McClaren but just wish he would talk sense after games and realise we watch the games too and for the most part aren’t stupid

Comment

Maybe Paul Clement, Gary Rowett, Alex Neill, Gary Monk, Neil Harris or any of the other amazing managers in the division should come and make this amazing squad perform to it's actual ability !!?!
      They have to be better than what SM done so far. We play it way to narrow and almost everyone can see it..
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

To watch the game maybe?
        That`s true.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Maybe Paul Clement, Gary Rowett, Alex Neill, Gary Monk, Neil Harris or any of the other amazing managers in the division should come and make this amazing squad perform to it's actual ability !!?!
          Problem is Mush there were some great candidates out there when we did have funds and we messed it up time and again.

Even when Ollie was senselessly appointed, there were better choices in the wings (Lampard being one, who will do well as a gaffer).

When we did appoint a younger manager (JFH), we still managed to fvck it up. What we actually have, is a totally dysfunctional board and that I'm afraid has been the case since Uncle rode into town.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Mush we are talking Blackpool not a top division side. Millwall are a physical side but we got tactics right last week or more to the point, they got theirs totally wrong. I not advocating getting rid of McClaren but just wish he would talk sense after games and realise we watch the games too and for the most part aren’t stupid
            We beat Millwall by playing Eze and Freeman in the roles they excel at not dominating a midfield physically or pressing them when they had the ball.

Last night we simply didn't have anyone with enough quality to open a league 1 side up or cause them problems and that is poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

They have to be better than what SM done so far. We play it way to narrow and almost everyone can see it..
              Clearly they must, Shania. The evidence speaks for itself. Thought I’d list it for us all to see.

Birmingham - Monk - 17th

Stoke - Rowett - 18th

Reading - Clement - 20th

Millwall - Harris - 22nd

Preston - Neil - 24th

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Problem is Mush there were some great candidates out there when we did have funds and we messed it up time and again.

Even when Ollie was senselessly appointed, there were better choices in the wings (Lampard being one, who will do well as a gaffer).

When we did appoint a younger manager (JFH), we still managed to fvck it up. What we actually have, is a totally dysfunctional board and that I'm afraid has been the case since Uncle rode into town.
                True although I think it is harsh to say that Lampard was a better choice back then before he had even managed a game.

Personally I think McClaren will do ok for us but that's just me.

Comment

I think Norwich showed us the way forward is a continental coach.- preferably a young one.

Comment

Us QPR fan are very fickle ,4 games in most wanted McClaren sacked ,bring back oily, then we win 3 games and draw 1 and McClaren is a genious, oily was a fool, now we lose 2 in a row and McClaren is a fool and should be sacked (again).......and so it goes on, McClaren is not going to be sacked,nor should he. His job is to keep us up,we are 16th in the league which isn't bad for us,also he persuaded Wells and hameed to come here on loan. If we beat Swansea or Reading McClaren will be back flavour of the month again on here,that is until we lose the next game

Comment

We beat Millwall by playing Eze and Freeman in the roles they excel at not dominating a midfield physically or pressing them when they had the ball.

Last night we simply didn't have anyone with enough quality to open a league 1 side up or cause them problems and that is poor.
                      Spot on mate! However, just watch on Sat as McLaren tries to shoehorn both strikers on loan in and 3 of his 4 favourites in midfield...meaning he HAS to play Eze wide right and Freeman wide left AGAIN!!! Bloody frustrating!!!

What about playing most of the X1 who played Fulham off the park at the Cottage and coming from 2-0 down? That was some of the best football we played all season, and to do it against 'the best' footballing side in the Division was just something else...especially as it was against them!

Comment

McClaren is and always has been a good coach but he is no manager.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Clearly they must, Shania. The evidence speaks for itself. Thought I’d list it for us all to see.

Birmingham - Monk - 17th

Stoke - Rowett - 18th

Reading - Clement - 20th

Millwall - Harris - 22nd

Preston - Neil - 24th
                          Fake news.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Anyone like to actually blame the players. Seems all too often they get away with bad results.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
                              I think Norwich showed us the way forward is a continental coach.- preferably a young one.
                              as suggested on this very board many times......

Old skool UK gaffers are very conservative when it comes to approach and tactics. A lot of people are still stuck in 4-2-3-1 land, come what may.

Comment

when he was appointed i don't think i heard anything positive about him from any of my friends that support other teams

Comment

Working...
                                X