Kakay, Wzolek, Smyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kakay, Wzolek, Smyth

They had a chance to impress yesterday but obviously didn't take it. Shouldn't start in the first team either.

Wells and or Hemed would love Wzolek and Smyth on the wings and I dare say they would that front two playing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Wells and or Hemed would love Wzolek and Smyth on the wings and I dare say they would that front two playing as well.
      That's just hopeful speculation '73.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        They had a chance to impress yesterday but obviously didn't take it. Shouldn't start in the first team either.
        You can't judge them in a one-off game, in a makeshift team that has never played as a unit in a competitive game. And none of them have had a start in ages. So to make that judgement is unfair. I totally agree with 73 - the lack of service to the forwards v Norwich was glaringly obvious and wingers are the obvious answer. We've had this discussion multiple times already, but surely you would agree the front men need service and starved of it we will only produce the kind of abject performance we did last Saturday. McClaren is not proving to an astute manager. In fact he seems over-cautious, especially at home to a very average team like Norwich. And last night he got it badly wrong again. It's depressing to be honest.

Comment

Id rather have Smyth or Pawel on the wing instead of Eze, SM needs to make a call to either drop Luongo or Eze on saturday feels a bit like ollie again square pegs and round holes which to me seems like our squad is unbalanced and not good enough to be consistent.

Comment

I think all this 'they haven't played together in a competitive game ' lark is total ######s. Almost all of those that started last night have played together in the league at some point. The only exception i would give is Kakay, Hamaleinan and Chair as those have only played a handful of first team games. The rest are all experienced players and have played plenty of times for QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

You can't judge them in a one-off game, in a makeshift team that has never played as a unit in a competitive game. And none of them have had a start in ages. So to make that judgement is unfair. I totally agree with 73 - the lack of service to the forwards v Norwich was glaringly obvious and wingers are the obvious answer. We've had this discussion multiple times already, but surely you would agree the front men need service and starved of it we will only produce the kind of abject performance we did last Saturday. McClaren is not proving to an astute manager. In fact he seems over-cautious, especially at home to a very average team like Norwich. And last night he got it badly wrong again. It's depressing to be honest.
              Cannot disagree with this.

McLaren chose a team that barely gets a game and yet expected a better performance which to me beggars belief.

He said it worked in other rounds but I would say they got lucky against Bristol Rovers, who for much of that game had decent possession and created openings to score. They just weren't clinical. To try this against a better team and in an away game was foolish to say the least.

He could have taken the game more seriously and chosen a better starting 11 or at least a strong bench rather than 6 players from the U23 squad and another one who has little 1st team experience and is recovering from an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                I think all this 'they haven't played together in a competitive game ' lark is total ######s. Almost all of those that started last night have played together in the league at some point. The only exception i would give is Kakay, Hamaleinan and Chair as those have only played a handful of first team games. The rest are all experienced players and have played plenty of times for QPR.
                They have played 1st team football but not together as a team.

And quite frankly, Smith is so immobile it is embarrassing to see him as a lone forward.

Comment

they play together monday , tuesday , wednesday , thursday and friday on the training pitch , we lost last night because we were not good enough , i can run faster than smith and i'm the wrong side of 50

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    Hard to disagree with that. As one who's been banging on in that fashion. Sigh.....

Comment

Club looking to offload Kakay in Jan. Pav might go if I was him and Smyth's mum can source him a club that will appreciate his tweets.

Comment

Why do people keep saying play Smyth on wing when he is a forward. He’s pacey but I’ve not seen a winger in him so far

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Why do people keep saying play Smyth on wing when he is a forward. He’s pacey but I’ve not seen a winger in him so far
                          I agree. Have always thought that too. Besides which, we don't play with wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Yep his natural instincts take him into the middle just trys to get in the action
                            how may wingesrs do you see standing on the goal line for a corner ! Don't laugh but he's an instinctive centre forward
                            Last edited by dogsrrs; 29-09-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

And with his pace would be superb playing on shoulder down the middle

Comment

Working...
                              X