Season defining game tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season defining game tonight?

lets be honest, there are some teams in this division are way poorer than us now that we have done some sensible squad improvement. Barring catastrophe, we shouldn’t go down. On the other hand, Saturday showed we would need a heck of a lot of luck to threaten the top end of the table. So, if we fans are to have anything to maintain a nice bounce of joy, it’s got to be the cup. We have played ok, and have a draw to rival England’s in the World Cup. Win tonight and we fans can have some real fun until we meet a big team who takes this competition seriously. Plus, gets us in the spotlight and might even improve attendances if we got televised in the next round and put one over on a big team playing well - really good for our youngsters to get them in the spotlight. Worked for Brizzle last year and us in 67. Score prediction then? 1-0 Blackpool. Scorer . Bright O G? It’s Rangers after all!

I am going out on a limb here and saying tonight is not a season defining game.
    Would be good to get a win and big home draw in the next round though.

Comment

I agree that league seems not to be a matter of life and death this season and we could afford a cup run.

Comment

Brentford v Asenal their share of the gate will pay them more than their home games , not necessary in our case but as the op said a nice trip to any top six would be nice , not taking games seriously as we have is an abuse of your luck
        Last edited by dogsrrs; 25-09-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Stchteeve should play a strong team and get through, no messing about, and lets get a good draw in the next round

Comment

Game tonight?
            We not out of the cup yet?
            WHAAAAAAAT????????
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Tonight is a chance to bounce back after blip at weekend. Would be a shame to play weakened side. For me about building some momentum after poor start to season.

Comment

I would like to see some squad rotation with Pav, Smyth, BOS and Kakay getting into the starting 11, I'm not sure that would weaken us!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Looool

Comment

Your going to see every change possible from Ingram through to Smith. Expect 10-11 changes tonight injuries permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                      I would like to see some squad rotation with Pav, Smyth, BOS and Kakay getting into the starting 11, I'm not sure that would weaken us!
                      Then if we get beat McLaren will get slaughtered for making to many changes.

Comment

Blackpool away? Early in a cup competition? Season defining game?

Jesus wept...
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          I am going out on a limb here and saying tonight is not a season defining game.
                          Would be good to get a win and big home draw in the next round though.
                          LOL

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                            lets be honest, there are some teams in this division are way poorer than us now that we have done some sensible squad improvement. Barring catastrophe, we shouldn’t go down. On the other hand, Saturday showed we would need a heck of a lot of luck to threaten the top end of the table. So, if we fans are to have anything to maintain a nice bounce of joy, it’s got to be the cup. We have played ok, and have a draw to rival England’s in the World Cup. Win tonight and we fans can have some real fun until we meet a big team who takes this competition seriously. Plus, gets us in the spotlight and might even improve attendances if we got televised in the next round and put one over on a big team playing well - really good for our youngsters to get them in the spotlight. Worked for Brizzle last year and us in 67. Score prediction then? 1-0 Blackpool. Scorer . Bright O G? It’s Rangers after all!
                            I agree that QPR are likely to have a mid table season, so if there is going to be anything decent to get a bit excited about then a cup run is the way to achieve this. Otherwise we will have another season like the last one.

Hopefully McLaren will be selecting a strong team for tonight's match.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              Tonight is a chance to bounce back after blip at weekend. Would be a shame to play weakened side. For me about building some momentum after poor start to season.
                              Agreed, but QPR don't do momentum building.

We are likely to see a host of changes, but as long as the defence is not weakened then midfielders/wingers/attackers like Scowen, Cameron, Chair, Wzsolek, BOS, Smyth, Smith & if given a chance, Sylla should be good enough to beat Blackpool.

Comment

Working...
                              X