No announcement yet.

Losing the Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one problem we have in the PL is i don't recognise many of the faces sitting round me , in the championship i do , also some of the turn outs we had playing were stealing a living from us

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      We will never be in the Premiership again?

FFP; poor business management, small outdated ground, no attraction for new fans, mediocre to poor results; no purposeful ambition connected to real change; managers whose jobs are linked to results so ditch youth; expensive ticket prices for the product; stuck in a division that has more $hit than quality, no attempt to entertain.

Have I missed anything?
      .....Oh wotta beautiful day, I've gotta a wonderful feel....................Oh..........

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        We will never be in the Premiership again?

FFP; poor business management, small outdated ground, no attraction for new fans, mediocre to poor results; no purposeful ambition connected to real change; managers whose jobs are linked to results so ditch youth; expensive ticket prices for the product; stuck in a division that has more $hit than quality, no attempt to entertain.

Have I missed anything?
        maybe you missed the countless other threads that have opened with more-or-less the same lines (and don't really seem to go anywhere useful).

we spent 3 seasons out of the last 23 in the top division (finishing 4th from bottom, bottom and bottom) and only vaguely challenged for promotion to the top division in maybe 4 of the completed 19 seasons that we weren't there (and that's being very generous on the definition of "challenged for promotion").

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

maybe you missed the countless other threads that have opened with more-or-less the same lines (and don't really seem to go anywhere useful).

we spent 3 seasons out of the last 23 in the top division (finishing 4th from bottom, bottom and bottom) and only vaguely challenged for promotion to the top division in maybe 4 of the completed 19 seasons that we weren't there (and that's being very generous on the definition of "challenged for promotion").
          In 2011 we seemed to attract fans that had visions of Sparky taking us to top 10 finish, then higher including Europe all while playing in a packed 40k stadium where the roof would close to the summer sound of sold out Springsteen and Kylie concerts. Seems 7 years later some are still believen.

Comment

One things for sure, the average age of fans on match day must be 35-40.

Comment

Prem is rubbish..... half the fixtures involve drab dull opposition. I'd fly in the face of perceived wisdom and have a big tilt at the cups and throw the league. Be funny to be playing in league two but in Champions League by dint of winning a domestic cup followed by winning the Europa League.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Prem is rubbish..... half the fixtures involve drab dull opposition. I'd fly in the face of perceived wisdom and have a big tilt at the cups and throw the league. Be funny to be playing in league two but in Champions League by dint of winning a domestic cup followed by winning the Europa League.
                No chance for us then.

Comment

I fear for our survival as a club now. Players who we don't give a phook about; a manager who has been taken over by the spirit of Ollie; owners who are planning their exit in the background; a squad that is league 1 at best. If we stay up this season.

I will never post on here again.

(I know a lot of you will be praying we stay up now)

There will never be a '76/'77 season ever again. The most beautiful football I have ever seen. RIP Rangers.

Comment

Working...
                  X