Positives from yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positives from yesterday

Actually will rephrase that as positive as there was just one from me, which was Lumley. Thought he showed confidence and command plus improved distribution. I’m probably being harsh on the rest of the defence who looked solid apart from their distribution.

We were second best and it was a hard watch but it was not like we were torn apart nor hanging on in fairness. There goal hits him and goes in, that don’t happen we walk off with a scrappy point.

One complaint from me we got in few times on edge of box and over played, always wanted an extra touch. Sometimes just light the ball up and let it fly (not how Bos and Mass though!!!)

Comment

Defence isn't a problem; nor is attack. The Three Musketeers are. As is the narrow set up.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        We were second best and it was a hard watch but it was not like we were torn apart nor hanging on in fairness. There goal hits him and goes in, that don’t happen we walk off with a scrappy point.

One complaint from me we got in few times on edge of box and over played, always wanted an extra touch. Sometimes just light the ball up and let it fly (not how Bos and Mass though!!!)

I have to say saw it a bit differently than you....If they had of and should of took their chances...they should of won that by 3 or 4 nil....But they did`nt so that was about the only positive for me yesterday....But hopefully steve will start

to think about giving others a chance on the bench like smyth and pavel.

Comment

To me the problem is fitting Hemed and Wells in as forwards. It throws out the shape of the team and means having other players out of position. Look how well we did on Wednesday when Hemed couldn't play.
          That's your problem to sort out Stevie babe.

Comment

Totally agree with Davieqpr - we looked like we had a man short for the game. Much better versus Millwall with one up top and Eze behind but as you say down to Steve to sort

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              To me the problem is fitting Hemed and Wells in as forwards. It throws out the shape of the team and means having other players out of position. Look how well we did on Wednesday when Hemed couldn't play.
              That's your problem to sort out Stevie babe.
              Agree, I'm afraid it's as simple as this imo, we have to accommodate Freeman and Eze, our two main creators.
              Out on the wing with them two is a waste of time.
              So basically one up front 4231, i suggest

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                Totally agree with Davieqpr - we looked like we had a man short for the game. Much better versus Millwall with one up top and Eze behind but as you say down to Steve to sort
                Don’t think you can compare yesterday’s game with the Millwall game . Norwich played us off the park and we couldn’t get the ball off them to get our better players on the ball .Millwall are the opposite they just smash the ball around the pitch which gave us the opportunity to get on the ball and control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by powerrangers View Post

I have to say saw it a bit differently than you....If they had of and should of took their chances...they should of won that by 3 or 4 nil....But they did`nt so that was about the only positive for me yesterday....But hopefully steve will start

to think about giving others a chance on the bench like smyth and pavel.
                  We never took our opportunities too we had two or three

Comment

Our problem yesterday was players lack of control on there 1st touch. Dont think we actually played particularly bad just seemed to switch of when it mattered. Certainly no need to panic/fire mangers going on that performance anyway.... Also thought Lynch had a decent solid game.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by powerrangers View Post

I have to say saw it a bit differently than you....If they had of and should of took their chances...they should of won that by 3 or 4 nil....But they did`nt so that was about the only positive for me yesterday....l.
                      This ,if Norwich had not messed up their chances ,we could have buried by half time .Didn`t see any positives from yesterday , (apart from i had a both to score accumulator bet come in , except for that )yesterday was pony !

Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post

This ,if Norwich had not messed up their chances ,we could have buried by half time .Didn`t see any positives from yesterday , (apart from i had a both to score accumulator bet come in , except for that )yesterday was pony !
                        norwich should have been out of sight in the 1st half , i spent half the morning in ladbrokes had a treble up last weekend manu , arsenal and southampton draw , they told me it was void took an hour to pay me out . then got let let down by leeds in a treble , had 6 up in a accy only for villa to lose at home ..... then had 3 numbers come in on the lotto so finished up even for the day ... sorry if i've bored anyone

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

norwich should have been out of sight in the 1st half , i spent half the morning in ladbrokes had a treble up last weekend manu , arsenal and southampton draw , they told me it was void took an hour to pay me out . then got let let down by leeds in a treble , had 6 up in a accy only for villa to lose at home ..... then had 3 numbers come in on the lotto so finished up even for the day ... sorry if i've bored anyone
                          Mate ,it was better than yesterdays match !!
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

the problem is to play our 2 loan strikers Eze either has to be an impact sub or play out of position - playing Eze on the wing is like Redknapp playing Vargas out there and completely wasting his potential.

As for Lumley he is getting better but what the hell is that stupid tactic of the 2 centre backs going wide for the goal kicks - it has never worked and seemed to play us into trouble everytime

Comment

Norwich were better than us but o ly because they passed the ball better and therefore had more possession, they were not a great deal better than us and not much came off for us although we pressured at the end we did not create much, it's just my opinion but we took 6 from 9 in 7 days, not bad and its not like Norwich were that much better than us. We could have had a point.

Comment

Working...
                              X