• Show
Clear All

• Give this team a go Steve.....

Lumley
    Rangel BFG Lynch Bidwell
    Cousins Cameron
    Wszolek Eze BOS
    Wells.

Try it. Your team isn't really cutting it.

Against Norwich we were totally ineffective with the way he set the team up and who played. Width and pace were two key issues that he needed to address, but didn't. For me, despite having to play in the harrowing early season games, Kakay should be the right back. With his pace linking up with Wszolek, we would have had the beating of the Norwich midfield on the right, and a supply for the forwards that just wasn't there on Saturday (as Kakay can deliver a great cross as well).

Baptiste at RB was bizarre. He's a decent defender at CB, but he has no pace. Scowen/Freeman/Luongo/Eze was a no-width midfield with too many similar players. Cousins has already showed that he should start, so why he didn't is another mystery. The two forwards weren't linking up either and with no service, it was a waste. Luongo looks like he needs a break. I'd have Freeman over BOS to start for the creativity he offers, and see how it develops during the game. BOS is a good option off the bench.

At home, I'd tweak your team like this:

Lumley
    Kakay BFG Lynch Bidwell
    Cousins, Cameron
    Wszolek Eze Freeman
    Wells

Subs BOS, Luongo, Scowen, Hamed, Smith, Smyth, Rangel

Comment

Bang on their money, Hubs. Freeman is the only one of the Three Musketeers doing the business at the moment.

Comment

Better have a keeper on the bench, or is Ingram that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Better have a keeper on the bench, or is Ingram that bad?

Comment

Amazing ain’t it , first defeat for a while and everyone wants to change the team around , didn’t hear this after beating Bolton and Millwall .Who would be a manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
              Amazing ain’t it , first defeat for a while and everyone wants to change the team around , didn’t hear this after beating Bolton and Millwall .Who would be a manager.
              Not me, mate. Being saying we should change it for a long, long time. Bolton and Millwall didn't cut it for me.

Comment

I know it’s all about opinions , but cousins has been slated for 2 years and now people want him as a starter . If eze gets left out everyone would slaughter McLaren as he’s our best player . Rangel has been good so far yet people want Kakay in .I think he wants to play 4 4 2 but how do you accommodate eze and Freeman into that .

Comment

we missed rangel yesterday he's a intelligent footballer , baptiste and bidwell are not ... we looked lack lustre and off the pace . it could and should have been 2 0r 3 nil . loungo does need a rest it's just not happening for him , no width y'day u could see we were crying out for it i wonder what mclaren was watching

Comment

I’m surprised at Steve going 442 as he always been 433 manager , I’m wondering if furlong and Cameron being fit will see us go that way , I actually think wells would be very good as a right sided forward

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      we missed rangel yesterday he's a intelligent footballer , baptiste and bidwell are not ... we looked lack lustre and off the pace . it could and should have been 2 0r 3 nil . loungo does need a rest it's just not happening for him , no width y'day u could see we were crying out for it i wonder what mclaren was watching
                      Yeah McLarens interview after the game was weird .He said we were unlucky, I thought we were never in it and were totally outplayed and should have lost by more.

Comment

Just one thing nagging me tho......whoever watched Norwich would be aware that the left wing back gets forward at every opportunity and is certainly a decent player...I know the Rangel injury happened late in the day,but surely Cousins (or Kakay were the obvious replacement....and as Eze didn’t track back and help Baptiste,we were caught out time after time.....a shame because all the defenders done well yesterday...with no help from our non-existent midfield.....!

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Yeah McLarens interview after the game was weird .He said we were unlucky, I thought we were never in it and were totally outplayed and should have lost by more.
                          Strangest thing was him saying them having 73 percent of the possession didn't matter because he was all in front of us. Better that behind, sure, but no one can be happy with 27 percent of possession at home. Entirely the fault of the four he strung across the middle.

Comment

It`s a worry if we cannot play Hemed and Wells together. We need them both.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

I think I said on the match thread before the game that the changes in line up could only be explained in terms of containment, ie he was picking that side to play against Norwich having done his homework.

He basically sent out a midfield tasked with covering the rear. Problem was, we weren't playing Barcelona. It was an extraordinarily unambitious selection.

On the plus side, he may have learned something.

Comment

Working...
                              X