McClaren - post match interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    We played much better with Cousins in and only one striker with Eze behind him. We were overrun in midfield and that's why we looked so boring and without any ideas. And we showed them too much respect. We must forget this match as quickly as possible.It is about time Pawel is giving a run, and so too BOS.
    This.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      QPR manager Steve McClaren says he felt like his side deserved more out of the game after going down 1-0 to Norwich City at Loftus Road on Saturday afternoon.

The loss was the R’s first in six matches and they’ll now look to regroup ahead of Saturday’s trip to Swansea.

Watch: https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/intervi...says-mcclaren/
      I haven't watched his interview too disappointed, but read a quote of him saying he could only see one team winning
      it and we didn't deserve to lose......utter bull, and t6oo many comments like that, will turn me against him
      Just tell the truth

Comment

On another thread recently SM was complimented for playing players in their right places against the #####s to get a win. If Rangel was injured/knackered why replace with Baptiste instead of Kakay ? Likewise if Cousins injured/knackered why stick Eze on the wing when Pav is gasping for a go ?

Yesterdays setup, lack of changes and bs in his interview dont reflect well on SM

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Can’t stomach spin. If it’s #### it’s #### just say so, it’s what we’re all thinking anyway and you get more respect for being upfront and honest
          seems to be the norm, even the opposition big up their opponents, even when you see dross
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Norwich had 72% possession in the first half.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

We looked and played like the away side from the off and THAT was the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                Norwich had 72% possession in the first half.
                they did - although most of that was playing it across their back line.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Norwich had 73 percent possession first half......
                  These days your possession stats are a lot less relevant. As we proved vs Derby at Wembley. As Leicester proved. Possession had far less impact at this world cup than in previous versions.. What matters is how you cover off the ball, how organised you are, and the speed of transition when you do get it.

Now that last bit does concern me, it was something that neither of our previous two managers got to grips with. As regards the interview, no manager (except Ollie) is going to come out and start slagging players or fans or both. What they should say, and never ever do, is 'sorry chaps, I called that completely wrong and as a result we sucked.'

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

These days your possession stats are a lot less relevant. As we proved vs Derby at Wembley. As Leicester proved. Possession had far less impact at this world cup than in previous versions.. What matters is how you cover off the ball, how organised you are, and the speed of transition when you do get it.

Now that last bit does concern me, it was something that neither of our previous two managers got to grips with. As regards the interview, no manager (except Ollie) is going to come out and start slagging players or fans or both. What they should say, and never ever do, is 'sorry chaps, I called that completely wrong and as a result we sucked.'
                    Agreed possession doesn't really mean anything its shots on target which does and for all their possession they only had one real attempt in the first half, when Pukki didn't slide in quick enough. What Steve should have been saying though is like Neil Harris did after the Millwall game, that he picked a side he thought would compete but it didn't work and he therefore changed it at half time but by then it was too late. We just never got going against Norwich until the last 10 mins, had we gone at them for last 30 mins instead we might have got something out of the game, as they were clearly rocking when we did have a go, as the Penalty that never was showed.

Comment

Yeah he was way way too slow to change and that in itself is very much old skool and that also worries me.

We were at home against average side but we didnt set up for that. We set up like they were world beaters. Why?

I think that date rape at West Brom left a mark, and clean sheets (no pun intended) became the priority.

Also he does need to assess everyone whose there or thereabouts. Hopefull he has now done that.

Comment

I'm with Westy on this say it as it is , Jose is a miserable basratd when his team doesn't the 3 points but he doesn't mince words

Comment

Working...
                        X