On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Oh dear, 2 steps forward 3 steps back, Norwich came tonight and nullified every thing we had, although that was not much, we just could not get the ball or keep any possession, manager set the team up poorly and we were over run in midfield, playing 2 upfront is fine if they get any service,however Scowen, Freeman and especially Luongo were dire, Eze also was dreadful and we just fell to pieces. Why McLaren did not change the team formation is both baffling and worrying, it obviously wasn’t working even in the first half, to persevere for so long without a change was madness.
    Thought Lynch again was MOTM for us, however the formation and midfield lost us the game.
    Lots of work to do and Luongo needs to go on a diet.

Terrible crowd and poor atmosphere to match the #### on the pitch.’

Last edited by Romford Hoop; 23-09-2018, 02:05 AM.

Goid assessment old chap...maclarens reluctance to change early cost derby at wembley
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Better off having a manakin in the dug out today. Inexplicable failure to change something which wasn't working. And which people knew wouldn't work.

Comment

Tactics were wrong today as was team selection. Thought Luongo put a shift in actually and wasn’t very well supported.

I still don’t like seeing Eze or Freeman playing out wide. Samuel looked good when he came on and think Cameron or Cousins must start in the middle over scowen who has been very poor so far this year.

Was surprised Steve didn’t change the formation at half time and put another man in midfield and maybe moved Eze in to a 10 position.

Comment

a fair few were surprised by the Dutchmans selection. He got it badly wrong
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            Tactics were wrong today as was team selection. Thought Luongo put a shift in actually and wasn’t very well supported.

I still don’t like seeing Eze or Freeman playing out wide. Samuel looked good when he came on and think Cameron or Cousins must start in the middle over scowen who has been very poor so far this year.

Was surprised Steve didn’t change the formation at half time and put another man in midfield and maybe moved Eze in to a 10 position.
            Eze is wasted out wide, Freeman less so but that was utter crap tonight.

Comment

Knew it would be bad when I saw the team. How he can put that team out is behind me. BOS has earned a run. Especially when Eze and Freeman can't play wide; both of them wasted. What has Pawel done to be so unfairly overlooked????. And why is Kakay now the fifth choice RB behind a CB and a CM who never has played CM? There was absolutely no reason to bring Scowen back. Cameron and Cousins would have been better there. So bad.

Comment

That was expected result.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Knew it would be bad when I saw the team. How he can put that team out is behind me. BOS has earned a run. Especially when Eze and Freeman can't play wide; both of them wasted. What has Pawel done to be so unfairly overlooked????. And why is Kakay now the fifth choice RB behind a CB and a CM who never has played CM? There was absolutely no reason to bring Scowen back. Cameron and Cousins would have been better there. So bad.
                  Nonsense IMO. We were unbeaten in four without BOS, Wsolek and Kakay. Why would they suddenly be so important?

Comment

Never change a winning team unless it is forced and today highlighted why Scowen should not be anywhere near the starting eleven. Woeful all round and 2 quality strikers are being starved by the way we set the team up.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

Nonsense IMO. We were unbeaten in four without BOS, Wsolek and Kakay. Why would they suddenly be so important?
                      Playing poor teams. And being very bad second half against Nillwall. Results aside it's not working. It certain didn't work today. For reasons some of us have been saying. Kakay has to be the back up to Rangel surely?

Why play Scowen?

Comment

Luongo was proper shite tonight as was rest of the team only one team wanted it really
                        Crying out for Wsolek tonight Llongo needs to be dropped.
                        Really bad game Scowen also really bad

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Never change a winning team unless it is forced and today highlighted why Scowen should not be anywhere near the starting eleven. Woeful all round and 2 quality strikers are being starved by the way we set the team up.
                          That’s the frustrating thing for me. We have two very good strikers who are just not being fed or provided any opportunities.

I can kind of understand Steve sticking with the system initially after the last four games but it was apparent very early on that he needed to change things and it took the the goal happening to force his hand.

Comment

Not sure about Kakay 77. Too many miss passes from him IMO. As for Smyth - he was totally helpless in his latest game. Still a lot of fans would pick him. Seems that we are a little too tolerant with our youngsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              Not sure about Kakay 77. Too many miss passes from him IMO. As for Smyth - he was totally helpless in his latest game. Still a lot of fans would pick him. Seems that we are a little too tolerant with our youngsters.
                              Fair point. I get that.

Comment

Working...
                              X