Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    apparent now the empty seats, but not just at Loftus Road
    Sky killing the attendances. All midweek games now available on TV, loads of empty seats at Villa, Stoke etc. Still that will lead to the short sighted noises saying we don’t need ,a new stadium as we can’t fill the one we got.

Comment

How bad were Millwall? Shocked at just how poor they were. A more integrated and confident Rangers side would have absolutely mullered this lot, but right now I'll happily take 2-0 and 3 points.

As others have mentioned, confidence will grow. We clearly have the players to produce the goods, but last night second half we were poor for much of the 45 and the defence looked shaky. We were lucky at times, but we deserve some luck. I still think we need to get wider and I would really, really (Kevin Keegan style) like to see Pawel get a start.

If there are at least three other teams as poor as Millwall we're safe. But I think with growing confidence in the players and management, we're looking at a decent mid-table finish. However there is a massive gap in ability between the top and bottom in this division, from what I've seen of the likes of Leeds so far, compared to this Millwall side for example.

Comment

I don't think the second half was as bad as some do. They were always going to come at us second half and we coped well for the most part and even looked dangerous on the break.
        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          How bad were Millwall? Shocked at just how poor they were. A more integrated and confident Rangers side would have absolutely mullered this lot, but right now I'll happily take 2-0 and 3 points.

As others have mentioned, confidence will grow. We clearly have the players to produce the goods, but last night second half we were poor for much of the 45 and the defence looked shaky. We were lucky at times, but we deserve some luck. I still think we need to get wider and I would really, really (Kevin Keegan style) like to see Pawel get a start.

If there are at least three other teams as poor as Millwall we're safe. But I think with growing confidence in the players and management, we're looking at a decent mid-table finish. However there is a massive gap in ability between the top and bottom in this division, from what I've seen of the likes of Leeds so far, compared to this Millwall side for example.

yet, the same Leeds side who only managed to scrape a draw against Millwall in the last minute only 5 days ago.

I reckon it's the same Championship as always where anyone can beat anyone.
          Consistency normally sees the cream rise to the top.

Comment

Think Shcteve done well last night picked a team not to get beaten up by them, which is what normally happens, back 4 stood frim under a lot of pressure from their long ball game, although didn't think Lumley had that much to do, Carmeron added a bit of steel, and god performance all round, shame Wells didn't score , think he deserved a goal.

Comment

However there is a massive gap in ability between the top and bottom in this division, from what I've seen of the likes of Leeds so far, compared to this Millwall side for example.
              Didn't Leeds need a last minute goal to grab a point at Millwall last week ?

Comment

Originally posted by OldR

I'm in favour of all midweek matches being shown live but how obvious is it that they need to make sure that all midweek matches going forward are between clubs who are separated by hundreds of miles?

I used to love the away days and I know there are some who will miss the opportunity to travel to far flung places but we should only play teams like Bolton, Rotherham and Middlesborough - to name but 3 - midweek with local matches reserved for weekends. This way clubs don't lose out on a significant amount of supporters.
                common sense but you are assuming that Sky and the League give a toss about fans.....which they don't.

Comment

but we should only play teams like Bolton, Rotherham and Middlesborough - to name but 3 - midweek with local matches reserved for weekends. This way clubs don't lose out on a significant amount of supporters.
                  Surely it is easier for local fans to get to local games after work mid-week than Northerners....I mean, we sold our full allocation of away tickets last night didn't we ? Bolton and Rotherham would have filled a taxi.....between them

As for home fans not filling up.....been through all this before. Do well in the league and the fairweathers will return....simple.

Comment

Thought Millwall fans were very quiet and that surprised me. Thought Y and X blocks out sung them pretty comfortably. South Africa road looked so empty though, I really do think they have got the pricing wrong. I know that our ground is expensive to run but rather than tickets being £30, if they were £25 I am sure we would sell more tickets and therefore, make more money with more drinks, programmes, club shop etc being busier and though I am talking a fiver but it makes a difference mentally.

Comment

It wasn't. They were all Rangers.

Sat next to them and what happened was that they brought drink up and had to give it to the steward. Then they had more and were warned that they would be thrown out if they did it again so decided to abuse the steward.

They were then given one last chance which they decided to ignore and decided to attack the stewards when they came up to throw them out.

they were obnoxious pricks and there were kids caught in the middle of the fighting.
                      That is shocking mate.

Comment

And Millwall came within a minute or two of beating Leeds on Saturday. Anyone can beat anyone on their day but the Top 6 probably picks itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

And Millwall came within a minute or two of beating Leeds on Saturday. Anyone can beat anyone on their day but the Top 6 probably picks itself.
                          I think having this pointed out once is ok, three times is a little excessive. Yes, of course 'anyone can beat anyone on their day' that doesn't change the fact there's a gulf in class in this league IMO. Millwall look like a conference side. And on their day a conference side can beat a side way above them in the league.

Comment

I think having this pointed out once is ok, three times is a little excessive. Yes, of course 'anyone can beat anyone on their day' that doesn't change the fact there's a gulf in class in this league IMO. Millwall look like a conference side. And on their day a conference side can beat a side way above them in the league.
                            Will be interesting to see if that conference side ship 7 at West Brom on Saturday.....

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                              Thought Millwall fans were very quiet and that surprised me. Thought Y and X blocks out sung them pretty comfortably. South Africa road looked so empty though, I really do think they have got the pricing wrong. I know that our ground is expensive to run but rather than tickets being £30, if they were £25 I am sure we would sell more tickets and therefore, make more money with more drinks, programmes, club shop etc being busier and though I am talking a fiver but it makes a difference mentally.
                              we get loads of tickets put on twickets that don't sell , some are as cheap as 10 / 15 quid

Comment

I have never ever thought to check there before buying. Just went on to buy for my brother for Norwich - £34! No wonder there are as many empty as taken seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X