On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Excellent overall performance against a poor and rugged Millwall team, first half was all Rangers, we controlled the pace of the game and totally deserved our 2-0 lead, second half Millwall came
    at us all guns blazing, and for 10 minutes or so we were on the back foot. Our back 4 all played well and I thought Lynch was outstanding, his sort of game with Morrison being a pest, however Lynch stood firm.

Up front Wells was a constant threat and Eze is a joy to watch, midfield worked hard and Luongo had a better game than previous matches, Cousins has a good engine and had 2 chances that he needs to finish.Cameroon was of the pace a bit and gave the ball away on numerous occasions, however does what he’s paid to do.
    Finally Lumley, sorry still not impressed, distribution is poor and is fairly hopeless in the air, does not fill me with confidence.
    Word about Millwall fans, they never get behind their team and spent most of the game calling the Lino a ####

Very fair post Romford

Comment

Knew Millwall would come out in the 2nd half with a rocket up them, but we dealt with it well. Great performance, even better 3 points. Get in there.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Good post Romford. I agree that Lumley's kicking was poor, but he's confident and made one decent save from what I recall. With that said a lot of keepers at this level have poor distribution from what I've seen. Smthies was an exceptional keeper, so wouldn't be too hard on Lumley. He'll improve.

Comment

Lumley will do for now he’s decent

Comment

apparent now the empty seats, but not just at Loftus Road
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Think re lumley we have to remember how young and raw he is. Kicking wasn’t great tonight but he will improve. Very vocal for a young lad and can only see him getting better. 3 clean sheets in 4 can’t say fairer than that. Coyrs

Comment

Bet Ingram wishes we had the defence then that we have now.

Comment

Really proud of us tonight ,but millwall were gash ,they always rely on their fans to intimidate ,but they were gash too,,,,,,,,,,,,bring on norwich,,,,,
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Hand ball! Hand ball! Hand ball!

Comment

Anyone notice one of their fans lobbed a bottle at the lino in the second half?

Comment

Again we played a really good first half and then started the second half too deep. MacLaren needs a bit more confidence in our players .Some of our play in the first half was sublime let down a bit by the final pass. Morison made a difference though when he came on in the 2nd half but Cousins should have blasted home instead of trying to place a shot from a few yards out. I thought Eze went down pretty softly for the penalty appeal but why was he booked when their player in the first half was not for exactly the same thing. Ref did give us some very dodgy goal kicks though. Overall another clean sheet and a lot of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR

There were a few lobbed but the only significant trouble on the night was among our fans in block JU.
                          I heard that was because of a Millwall fan in there

Comment

Very good performance. Controlled the match, kept possession well with some lovely passing and defended strongly. Agree the only downside was we sat too deep in the second half and invited pressure. Lumley still doesn’t look convincing but think he will improve and gain in confidence.
                            Worst Millwall team I’ve seen for years. No aggression, no tackles, nothing. Think they could go down this season. As for their fans, they were very quiet. Wigan made more noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                              Good post Romford. I agree that Lumley's kicking was poor, but he's confident and made one decent save from what I recall. With that said a lot of keepers at this level have poor distribution from what I've seen. Smthies was an exceptional keeper, so wouldn't be too hard on Lumley. He'll improve.
                              Seem to remember Smithies being a bit wobbly when he first joined.

Comment

Working...
                              X