Shtevvvvve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Yeah. Read quite a few snotty articles in press about Schteeve a few weeks ago. General tone was he was a past it clapped out dinosaur and why did we get him in instead of a sexy new young up and coming chap. Well, I'm pleased as punch he's turned it round and shut them up. Pleased for me, the fans, the players and him personally. He even seems to have got his barnet under control with a much sleeker streamlined do that doesn't look so overworked and backcombed... he looks really impressive now with an air of gravitas and "I'm in charge" about him. Think he has potential to become a Rangers legend; I'm very enthused and excited about him.
    Nothing wrong having an older manager Mucker just ask the palace fans as well as Fulham's S Mc could become our version of Voy Hoginson very similar backgrounds

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Exactly what I was thinking. He had an unbelievable amount of crtitisicism/abuse after 4 games, which may have hampered lesser managers. He didn't moan or throw his toys out of the pram, just said it's been a tough week. I think he deserves a lot of credit for how he has turned things around. Long may it continue.
      Darks I don't think it was that bad I thought most were of the opinion that it was early doors and he should have time and that included the 7_0 hiding I really thought the dof and board took the abuse

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Darks I don't think it was that bad I thought most were of the opinion that it was early doors and he should have time and that included the 7_0 hiding I really thought the dof and board took the abuse
        7-1 hiding

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

7-1 hiding
          Oh well that must be reason I thought he got off lightly then Jef seeing as it was only 7_1 lol

Comment

Oh well that must be reason I thought he got off lightly then Jef seeing as it was only 7_1 lol

Comment

I have to say I thought some of it was malicious in the extreme. A real character assassination, he's probably used to it, but I was impressed by the way he conducted himself.

Comment

Pinks reading this thread like

There is certainly visible improvement from team and credit to Mac but think it’s still bit early to say we’re out the woods but the signs so far are encouraging. He seems very switched on tactically

Comment

Watching, listening to and reading interviews after the game everyone is focused on having the perfect week after the International break.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    How many years has it been since we've had so many positive words to say about a new manager? This thread being a perfect case in point. This fact in itself is surely very refreshing for even the most cynical and hard-to-please fans. You'd probably have to go all the way back to Warnock in 2010.
                    Guess so. Weren't too many warm words when we lost at home to Bristol City. What a difference two forwards can make. Plus him breaking up the midfield triumvirate. Many more warm words if he could play someone on the right who can play wide...... LOL.

Comment

Just read stat thats first win in a Derby since JFH.

Ollie never managed one in 11 attempts, but I thought we won at Fulham under him and home to Brentford or am I imagining that???

If it is first Derby win in two years that’s progress on its own

Comment

JFH beat Fulham away and Brentford at home during his time not sure about Holloway's record.

Comment

Some of the comments after 4 league games were pathetic. I mean no one was happy but things said about McLaren:

He got Ollie the sack.
                          he’s ruined Ingram and other youngsters with his style of play
                          the squad is same as last season as he’s chosen to loan out Manning and Wheeler (??!).
                          squad isn’t playing for him.
                          comments on his record as a manager when he’s win% in the championship is very good.
                          he’s completely changed our “youth” direction

Comment

We’re not out the woods yet he even said that I think in build up to today’s game. Think win today though could be making of us and present huge platform.

Comment

Yes what a difference two proper forwards make but for the very last minutes signings S Mc would be suffering all manner of dogs abuse ,
                              The club played russian roulet with the two last minute loans they could easily have gone elsewhere couldn't they ? and where would S Mc and US be ??

Comment

Yes what a difference two proper forwards make but for the very last minutes signings S Mc would be suffering all manner of dogs abuse ,
                                The club played russian roulet with the two last minute loans they could easily have gone elsewhere couldn't they ? and where would S Mc and US be ??
                                Let's deal with realities and not hypotheticals.....unless you want to keep seeking excuses / reasons (for our upturn) where they may or may not exist.

Should have, would have, could have etc........

None of what you posit actually happened, and we are where we are and 'it is what it is'.

Comment

Working...
                                X