Shtevvvvve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

There is no mob reaction. It's simply a challenge to an unsubstantiated claim that he was sacked for non football related reasons.
    No mob reaction no mob reaction and I end up like pinky sleeping with fishes or holding up a flyover somewhere , that's rich coming from a god father if you don't slate Holloway then you are an Ollie lover that runs the risk walking home alone one night only to hear the heavey pounding of feet and become just another Pinky gone falling foul of the mob with the stiletto firmly placed between the shoulder blades

Comment

Really? That's total news to me.

Which "non football related reasons" are these, and what evidence do you have for it?

Sound more like conspiracy theory than anything else.
      Agreed. I've also seen people saying that Ollie had gag order or something but have seen absolutely no evidence of this either. Seems to be a conclusion based on the fact that he hasn't commented on why he was let go. Happy to be corrected though.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

Agreed. I've also seen people saying that Ollie had gag order or something but have seen absolutely no evidence of this either. Seems to be a conclusion based on the fact that he hasn't commented on why he was let go. Happy to be corrected though.
        Buf let me say something while I've got my back to the wall feel safer that way ! Gagging orders are common in football tho , damn now I'll have to walk sideways with my back on the wall

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

No mob reaction no mob reaction and I end up like pinky sleeping with fishes or holding up a flyover somewhere , that's rich coming from a god father if you don't slate Holloway then you are an Ollie lover that runs the risk walking home alone one night only to hear the heavey pounding of feet and become just another Pinky gone falling foul of the mob with the stiletto firmly placed between the shoulder blades
          More like an over reaction than a mob reaction there mate.

All I'm saying is if you reckon Ollie was sacked for non-football reasons then I'm all ears, and am sure a few others would be too. You claim this is common knowledge. Well it certainly aint to me.

Comment

For me QPRs manager of the year last season was whoever was managing Ollie for run in.

To be fair though I would have Ollie as runner up.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              For me QPRs manager of the year last season was whoever was managing Ollie for run in.

To be fair though I would have Ollie as runner up.

Comment

I’d love to know what non-football reasons IH was removed for.

Only thing I can think of is to prevent any further embarrassing behaviour and disrespectful outbursts towards the fans. Millwall away and Brentford at home spring immediately to mind.

Seemed to me that he just wasn’t capable of handling pressure well and making things worse. Can’t imagine McLaren behaving like that.

Comment

More like an over reaction than a mob reaction there mate.

All I'm saying is if you reckon Ollie was sacked for non-football reasons then I'm all ears, and am sure a few others would be too. You claim this is common knowledge. Well it certainly aint to me.
                  Stan you may resemble a cocker spaniel being all ears but they too just accept their masters as beyond question

Comment

And we know what they won hey Facto !!
                    Yes indeed old bean
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Buf let me say something while I've got my back to the wall feel safer that way ! Gagging orders are common in football tho , damn now I'll have to walk sideways with my back on the wall
                      Yep, I understand that. I just think that rather than come to the conclusion that he's been gagged, it's just as likely that Ollie accepts what has happened and doesn't want to #### off the club that he absolutely loves. Especially if he wanted to get back into media.

My comment wasn't actually aimed at you in any way - just a general observation that some people seem all to ready to jump to conclusions without any evidence and they soon become "fact" on here. Nothing new to message boards though to be fair.

Comment

Yeah. Read quite a few snotty articles in press about Schteeve a few weeks ago. General tone was he was a past it clapped out dinosaur and why did we get him in instead of a sexy new young up and coming chap. Well, I'm pleased as punch he's turned it round and shut them up. Pleased for me, the fans, the players and him personally. He even seems to have got his barnet under control with a much sleeker streamlined do that doesn't look so overworked and backcombed... he looks really impressive now with an air of gravitas and "I'm in charge" about him. Think he has potential to become a Rangers legend; I'm very enthused and excited about him.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          I’d love to know what non-football reasons IH was removed for.

Only thing I can think of is to prevent any further embarrassing behaviour and disrespectful outbursts towards the fans. Millwall away and Brentford at home spring immediately to mind.

Seemed to me that he just wasn’t capable of handling pressure well and making things worse. Can’t imagine McLaren behaving like that.
                          pretty much think that too, ollie just became more and more moany as time went on and looked defeated as time went on. he just wasn't the same as his tenure progressed and had lost his enthusiastic optimism for us.

in hindsight though i do think he left with his head held high, all things considered. sure we had some god awful runs and results under him but he steadied the ship and did what was asked of him whilst installing belief back into the players after jfh's horror show as manager.
                          glad that ollie went though as steve seems to be taking us to the next level and we look so much more organized and composed, loving his reign so far!

Comment

How many years has it been since we've had so many positive words to say about a new manager? This thread being a perfect case in point. This fact in itself is surely very refreshing for even the most cynical and hard-to-please fans. You'd probably have to go all the way back to Warnock in 2010.

Comment

i believe its all down to steves lucky haircut,i mean he wont cut that tufty bit thats left in middle of his bonce till we make top 6
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                                Yeah. Read quite a few snotty articles in press about Schteeve a few weeks ago. General tone was he was a past it clapped out dinosaur and why did we get him in instead of a sexy new young up and coming chap. Well, I'm pleased as punch he's turned it round and shut them up. Pleased for me, the fans, the players and him personally. He even seems to have got his barnet under control with a much sleeker streamlined do that doesn't look so overworked and backcombed... he looks really impressive now with an air of gravitas and "I'm in charge" about him. Think he has potential to become a Rangers legend; I'm very enthused and excited about him.
                                Exactly what I was thinking. He had an unbelievable amount of crtitisicism/abuse after 4 games, which may have hampered lesser managers. He didn't moan or throw his toys out of the pram, just said it's been a tough week. I think he deserves a lot of credit for how he has turned things around. Long may it continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X