How much influence do fans have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much influence do fans have?

When more revenue comes from TV and commercial activity than gate receipts how much can we believe the “It’s all about the fans“ rhetoric?

I think the club has treated us as children, shown no respect for loyalty and commitment and been condescending in addressing it's accountability for the situation we are in.

Amit's latest "be patient" has been creamed over because he has dreamy eyes.

We're in the $hit because of the mismanagement of the club and will be for the long term. FFP has seen to that.

Still, while we get caught up in results, win or lose, the fact remains that we are fooked.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

None

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Well aren't you a ray of sunshine
        You've got to remain positive.

Comment

Truth is without the fans there is no club...foolnandes,hoos,bhatia.n co be long long gone while we will.still be here
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

At our club way to much hence the knee jerk decisions in the past from board

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              When more revenue comes from TV and commercial activity than gate receipts how much can we believe the “It’s all about the fans“ rhetoric?

I think the club has treated us as children, shown no respect for loyalty and commitment and been condescending in addressing it's accountability for the situation we are in.

We're in the $hit because of the mismanagement of the club and will be for the long term. FFP has seen to that.

Still, while we get caught up in results, win or lose, the fact remains that we are fooked.
              Well if we were all waving the white flag after 7 games of a new season then wed have quite a lot of influence. The constant negativity and defeatist attitude would radiate down to the playing squad and wed declare out now rather than suffering the misery of another 39 games. Thankfully i suspect some still have a bit of faith that we won't dissolve as a football club just yet and will continue to support the team through whats been a sticky period. Lets have it right were not in wimbledons shoes, or pompeys or coventrys. Jesus christ what a joyful post to wake up to, got me right up for tonight!! COYRS

Comment

Great post, very true
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I have a lot of influence, I wanted Amit to be in charge again and now he is.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

The answer is that they have too much influence at the moment due to social media. All it takes is one bad result to bring on a mentality like the villagers at the end of a monster film, with pitchforks and torches at the ready. It’s just human nature uncontrolled - and it shouldn’t really matter in this context, as long as the club don’t react to it. In my opinion , knee jerk reactions are never wise and often wrong. Who amongst us in the fans group really knows enough to make correct decisions about running this football club?
                    on the other hand, I agree that without us there is no club, so an opportunity for fans representatives to express themselves via the Fans Forum is a pretty good start. I’m sure there are other ways, but to be honest, I think our club has been pretty good in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Think I need to self harm after reading that

Comment

Fans have virtually no influence, as someone say football is now governed by TV revenue, but the only influence fans have is not to go and don't buy the merchandise, because without the fans atmosphere at games there's nothing, even TV companies would hate it commentating without any sort of atmosphere in grounds, So if fans want to have influence the only way is to not go and not by the merchandise , reclaim the game so to speak

Comment

Fans may not have influence moneywise in comparison to TV but if you think the clubs don't value the fans or listen to them then you know nothing about business.

Comment

We make more money from gate receipts than from TV or commercial rights. It was the drop in attendances that was one of the factors in the last manager losing his job. Outside of the Prem supporters do have an influence.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              Outside of the Prem supporters do have an influence.
                              Possibly true as the TV money is shared between 72 clubs isn't it ? Our gate receipts are probably about £5m a season and we would get nowhere near that from the TV dough.

Comment

Working...
                              X