'Stay In W12' fans group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Stay In W12' fans group

Thought I'd share this here as they're doing good work imo, and is a project I'm sure most of us would support:

StayInW12 is an independent QPR fans group campaigning for a new home for Queen's Park Rangers within Hammersmith and Fulham, focusing on the site of the Linford Christie Stadium on Wormwood Scrubs.

More about them here: https://www.stayinw12.co.uk

As long as this does not lead to a confrontation should the club be forced to choose another location.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Seems a bit irrelevant to me. They have said numerous times that they want to stay in this location, of course they do. This location is worth a fortune and if they can get hotels etc in there too, they will make a ton of money. You lose that if you move to outskirts or anything silly like that/

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
        Seems a bit irrelevant to me. They have said numerous times that they want to stay in this location, of course they do. This location is worth a fortune and if they can get hotels etc in there too, they will make a ton of money. You lose that if you move to outskirts or anything silly like that/
        I agree. Pointless group really. I would rather a group about the toilets in ER Stand!

Comment

Or re-assigning the lower loft to its proper role.

I've got news for people who like family stands. Kids always came, even in the bad old days, and they all loved it. Me included.

Whoever decided to re-assign the lower loft needs shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I agree. Pointless group really. I would rather a group about the toilets in ER Stand!
            What would you discuss? The taps, the dryers or why people insist upon peeing on seats? Personally, I’d avoid the seating arrangements, unless you’re first in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
              As long as this does not lead to a confrontation should the club be forced to choose another location.
              This. Couldn't agree more.. but that said, it's almost a pointless group.

Comment

Oh dear. And there was I thinking this would go down well!

Comment

Originally posted by OldR

Ha ha, I deleted a post yesterday because I thought it may offend....!

Their heart is in the right place but they're still a group of friends who have decided to speak for us and who are determined to narrow the options available to the club by insisting we stay within 1 single postcode rather than explore every possibility in West London.

Nepotism, egocentric and delusions of grandeur...
                  As you say, heart is in the right place and I had a good read on the website.

Comment

Like i said a few weeks back we move house throughout our lifetime many times and still manage to find our way to Loftus rd. If the club have to move a few miles in any direction I'm sure we would all still go. There will obviously be a few moaning about it but they will still go. As long as the club don't have any ideas like Mk Dons then i think it'll be fine. People just like to moan at anything. And yes OldR there was nothing wrong with the way the lower loft was in the old days with anyone allowed to be in there. I also don't think the upper loft should be restricted to members only. We don't have a big ground and fans should be able to have the choice to sit wherever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

What would you discuss? The taps, the dryers or why people insist upon peeing on seats? Personally, I’d avoid the seating arrangements, unless you’re first in.
                      The capacity probably\! There just aren't enough urinals. At HT you don't know if you are in the queue for the loos or a pie!
                      My son had it right. When we did the Wembley tour they were boasting about how many loos they had. Lets say it was 275, my son turned to me and said that is about 270 more than we have at Loftus Road Dad!

Comment

It’d be easier to dig a trough at the bottom of the back wall.

Comment

Working...
                        X