Early days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early days...

But feeling more confident we will at least now have a season more like last year and be good enough to beat the 6/7 teams we need to when head to head to stay up.

Amazing what 2/3 signings can do to a team. Wells and Hemed has reinvigorated the whole team and we now have a chance in most games.

Not been a big fan of cousins at all since he’s been at the club and actually stated a few times he’s a poor player but also think it’s worth mentioning that he’s really stepping up atm and I’m happy for the lad. My uncle was at the game and said he played very well.

Still don’t like two cm’s cam’s on the wings but it’s working atm. Everyone else confident we are looking like a team who can stay up now or still to early?
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 15-09-2018, 09:43 PM.

Early days. But less pannicky than before.

Comment

Not really......
      Some were quite confident (me) after the loan window closed that that we had a decent team. It was only the constant whinge bags that Needed a moan. Tony has gone, so obviously this is down to Amit@yawn

Comment

©AmitSpeak

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          ©AmitSpeak
          @corporateslag

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

@corporateslag

Comment

Hemed and Wells have made other players up their game. Freeman and Cousins today had their best games for a long while. Everyone played pretty good. Alright scraped it again by 1 goal but feel more confident now.

Comment

Agreed. A few weeks ago I was wondering how we'd pick up a single point, let alone two wins. Now I feel that our starting line-up is actually a little stronger than last season's (excluding the goalkeeper), as I think Wells/Hemed is a top 8-10 striking partnership in this division. If they stay fit, I think we could be looking at a 15th-17th finish. I also feel Hall's return is going to be crucial, as I remain unconvinced by Leistner and Lynch. Both a bit clumsy for my liking.

Will be interested to see the league table after 10-12 matches. Think there are a few teams currently in illusory positions (Bolton, Rotherham, Wigan), who will be in the relegation dogfight.

Comment

Remember though Hall was not that clever 2nd season but that might be due to playing out of position a lot. Personally don't think we will see him again until next year. Also think we will finish 10 -14.

Comment

Good shout on Hall. Good player but his standards his second season were not as high as first but as you say he was messed about playing out of position

Comment

Well said Maids. Glad we are settling down....

Where has Pinkie gone? Oh Sorry, Powerrangers or whatever he is now. He's awfully quiet when we win.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        don't like two cm's cam's on the wings
                        This has been pointed out a few times, but........can we please debunk this myth that we've been playing with wingers? LM and RM is not the same thing. The front two often pull out wide too. And playing without wingers doesn't mean we don't make use of width, as both goals yesterday highlighted. Indeed it was Eze and then Freeman who played through the middle for the first goal, both in build up and then execution. Similar situ for our 2nd goal.

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
                        Hall's return is going to be crucial, as I remain unconvinced by Leistner and Lynch.
                        Not to mention Cameron who's an accomplished CB too. I like Baptiste also, so we have good cover there now.

Comment

Amazing that how quickly things turned around since Fernandes left. Like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Now Amit is here we can kick on and push for promotion.....
                          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Personally didn’t think we’d be in and around the bottom three anyway. The loan window was massive for us. This league is so unpredictable. Look at palace a few seasons ago. Bottom three at Christmas end up promoted. It really only takes 4/5 wins to totally transform a season. If we can consistently start picking up points away from loftus road I have a sneaky feeling we will fare a lot better than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                              Amazing that how quickly things turned around since Fernandes left. Like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Now Amit is here we can kick on and push for promotion.....
                              The King is dead, long live the King!

Comment

Working...
                              X