X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• norfolk ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Yet he said "this is a season of transition", implying that next season will have higher aims?...
    we are in transition every season and the next one will be no different,maybe even worse imo. What with parachute payments finishing,lots of players out of contract at end of the season and with no money to offer a decent wage,it's gonna be grim.
    wasn't long ago Ferdinand was saying we were gonna push for play offs but then fat tone says staying up is priority. Not Amits fault for sure but board members are never on same wavelength.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

And are being left behind 9k will soon go down when youngsters say i'd rather go to brentford let alone chelsea, fulham, spurs etc
    These hurdles put in front of FL league clubs is like sieving soil.
    Only the bigger lumps stay in and rest fall through, we are being "sieved" into a Rochdale, Forest Green Accy Stanley, not
    through a fault of our own but by financial penalties enforced by some ex Leeds sh*thead who doesn't believe in sport and the sporting ladder
    but business.
    No Dave I'm not so sure they believe in business as much as the status quo of the big boys , business is about Jack Cohen turning a corner shop into a super market (Tesco ) ffp is about not allowing upstarts likes of liecester and Blackburn winning the title

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Fair enough but our gates have historically been reasonably consistent. We have a hardcore of about 9k
    And are being left behind 9k will soon go down when youngsters say i'd rather go to brentford let alone chelsea, fulham, spurs etc
    These hurdles put in front of FL league clubs is like sieving soil.
    Only the bigger lumps stay in and rest fall through, we are being "sieved" into a Rochdale, Forest Green Accy Stanley, not
    through a fault of our own but by financial penalties enforced by some ex Leeds sh*thead who doesn't believe in sport and the sporting ladder
    but business.

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    On a positive note....

He's a proper QPR man and a proper educated person who quite frankly speaks very well. Good intereview

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied

Fair enough but our gates have historically been reasonably consistent. We have a hardcore of about 9k
    And if kids find other clubs more appealing ?????

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

OK OK nit picker quite a few years ago then ! Croydon is hardly the back waters of outer Mongolia Fulham once had the lowest gates in London , surely you know what I was getting at

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied

A few years back Fulham were in the Prem and enjoyed a great European run under Hodgson. I don't think supporting us has been fashionable for a long time has it?
    OK OK nit picker quite a few years ago then ! Croydon is hardly the back waters of outer Mongolia Fulham once had the lowest gates in London , surely you know what I was getting at

Leave a comment:

• SpongeParr
    replied
    I am presuming/hoping that there will be a part 2 or something. A lot of unanswered questions (stadium, stakes etc).

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

This really has hit the nail on the head !! What kid wants to be the class thicko who supports QPR just like a few years back the way Fulham and Brentford were looked on , kids like success and fashionable things , if QPR don't get it right sometime soon they will be lucky to get nine k through the turnstiles
    A few years back Fulham were in the Prem and enjoyed a great European run under Hodgson. I don't think supporting us has been fashionable for a long time has it?

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Harsh reality of life outside the golden walls of the PL.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Just watched this vid.
    What a sad state football is in today. That interview tells me, and i think it will tell
    kids in the local area that it's not worth supporting your local team because ffp means we'll never be
    in a fair industry, on level playing field again.
    We have a young, hungry team Amit says, we've cut the wages right down yet will still have
    to sell every season, just to tread water
    Quite depressing i thought

This really has hit the nail on the head !! What kid wants to be the class thicko who supports QPR just like a few years back the way Fulham and Brentford were looked on , kids like success and fashionable things , if QPR don't get it right sometime soon they will be lucky to get nine k through the turnstiles

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied

Yet he said "this is a season of transition",
    could have been commenting on the gender fluid zeitgeist?

Leave a comment:

• powerrangers
    replied

Yet he said "this is a season of transition", implying that next season will have higher aims?...

Unfortunately that was last season transitioning and progressing very nicely..........and now we are going backwards........Soo much for change of the manager to progress and move forwards.

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    Tony Fernandes has destroyed the club for a decade to come.
    Complete Dick Head of a man .

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Just watched this vid.
    What a sad state football is in today. That interview tells me, and i think it will tell
    kids in the local area that it's not worth supporting your local team because ffp means we'll never be
    in a fair industry, on level playing field again.
    We have a young, hungry team Amit says, we've cut the wages right down yet will still have
    to sell every season, just to tread water
    Quite depressing i thought

Leave a comment:

Working...
X