Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amit speaks

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/intervi...w-as-chairman/

Much as you'd expect. Stay up is the ambition for this season and don't be surprised when we sell our best players at the end of the season.

Comment

He's got nice eyes

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        Much as you'd expect. Stay up is the ambition for this season and don't be surprised when we sell our best players at the end of the season.
        not much to look forwards to is there? we will forever be struggling at the foot of the table and selling our best players just to stay afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post

not much to look forwards to is there? we will forever be struggling at the foot of the table and selling our best players just to stay afloat.
          Especially if they are going to rigidly stick to the S&P (FFP) rules. To win promotion anytime soon, QPR will need to somehow find some great youngsters and another manager like Warnock (I won't be holding my breath or expecting this to happen)

Nothing was asked about a new ground or how QPR would go about raising funds.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
            we will forever be struggling at the foot of the table and selling our best players just to stay afloat.
            Yet he said "this is a season of transition", implying that next season will have higher aims?...

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              Said at the time this was a move to appease the fans. Quite obvious that Tony and Ruben are going nowhere. Imagine the backlash if TF had quoted that best players would have to be sold! The Smithies sale and rumours around Freeman put forums into near meltdown. No questions or mention of WF or new stadium, so can only hope that these are progressing under the radar as that is are only hope of going forward, without these we will have years of fighting off relegation or 3rd tier football.

Comment

Just watched this vid.
                What a sad state football is in today. That interview tells me, and i think it will tell
                kids in the local area that it's not worth supporting your local team because ffp means we'll never be
                in a fair industry, on level playing field again.
                We have a young, hungry team Amit says, we've cut the wages right down yet will still have
                to sell every season, just to tread water
                Quite depressing i thought

Comment

Tony Fernandes has destroyed the club for a decade to come.
                  Complete Dick Head of a man .

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Yet he said "this is a season of transition", implying that next season will have higher aims?...

Unfortunately that was last season transitioning and progressing very nicely..........and now we are going backwards........Soo much for change of the manager to progress and move forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Yet he said "this is a season of transition",
                      could have been commenting on the gender fluid zeitgeist?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Just watched this vid.
                        What a sad state football is in today. That interview tells me, and i think it will tell
                        kids in the local area that it's not worth supporting your local team because ffp means we'll never be
                        in a fair industry, on level playing field again.
                        We have a young, hungry team Amit says, we've cut the wages right down yet will still have
                        to sell every season, just to tread water
                        Quite depressing i thought

This really has hit the nail on the head !! What kid wants to be the class thicko who supports QPR just like a few years back the way Fulham and Brentford were looked on , kids like success and fashionable things , if QPR don't get it right sometime soon they will be lucky to get nine k through the turnstiles

Comment

Harsh reality of life outside the golden walls of the PL.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

This really has hit the nail on the head !! What kid wants to be the class thicko who supports QPR just like a few years back the way Fulham and Brentford were looked on , kids like success and fashionable things , if QPR don't get it right sometime soon they will be lucky to get nine k through the turnstiles
                            A few years back Fulham were in the Prem and enjoyed a great European run under Hodgson. I don't think supporting us has been fashionable for a long time has it?

Comment

I am presuming/hoping that there will be a part 2 or something. A lot of unanswered questions (stadium, stakes etc).

Comment

Working...
                              X