open question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

We have been a walking disaster in some ways but we’re a Championship club and who have spent 3 in years in the premiership in last 6-7 years. This is without going on about or history. We deserve to be managed by someone with experience. I get annoyed because it disrespects us but also what about all those managers who have put many years into managing sides and they get overlooked by ex players with little or no managerial experience.
    Nail on the head.

But hypothetical anyway, as the OP question is more of a loaded one than an 'open' one IMO.

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I feel your frustration, but stand by what I said and hope to be proved wrong,
        Our history is a bit of a rollercoaster, there has certainly been some great times but equally disastrous times as well.
        Someone mentioned in another thread about our trophy cabinet being a bit empty. I guess if we counted The Evening Standard 5 aside as worthy trophies, it wouldn't be so bad.
        I also agree with Sheeps post above, would love Wild Thing back at LR.
        Please do not forget the mighty Dryworld Trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Please do not forget the mighty Dryworld Trophy.
          Oh yes, and what a beauty.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Oh yes, and what a beauty.
            Incenzo would at least do it for free as he does commentary for free (which he only mentions 3 or 4 times per game). I will also manage the club for free if you are reading this Les.

Comment

How could we possibly forget the prestigious Trofeo Bortolotti which we lifted in 2011

unnamed (1).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Nail on the head.

But hypothetical anyway, as the OP question is more of a loaded one than an 'open' one IMO.
                Loaded no ,and what about those managers just part of a
                circus or merry go round.

Comment

barton was on BBCI today , he said some good things as well . good point at sunderland today . not sure i'd want him yet but could do no worse than some of the chancers we've had here over the years

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    When will the lesson be learned?!!! (Repeat a few times)....

1) Just because someone played football does not make them good manager;
                    2) just because someone played for us, why for ####s sake, does that mean they should automatically jump the queue to manage us

We’re QPR not the ####ing Dog and Duck. To even be considered to manage us, you need to have some RELEVANT managerial experience (league ####ing 2 or 1 is not good enough). And it better be more than half a bloody season experience! The esteem some of our fans hold our club is ridiculous sometimes.
                    100% agree.

If they can prove themselves over a few seasons, then possibly to both., but not now or next season

Comment

no.

no. no. no. no. no.

Comment

yes.

yes. yes. yes. yes. yes.

What are we talking about?

Oh yeah, the evergreen who should manage us question. Totally moot of course, but it always gets the forum posting. Clint, we have to wait and see, but we saw glimpses of his managerial ability in that play-off final.

Barton is just starting out at Fleetwood. He seems to be doing okay. Obviously, he's an arrogant gobsh1te who divides opinion on here like no one else, but I wouldn't rule him out completely in the future, when we're in league 2. (Joke). (Kind of).

I've been saying Ainsworth for some time. Yes, of course he has the Rangers attachment, but he has done very well at WW. Let's see how he fares this season as he steps up a league.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          what about those managers just part of a circus or merry go round.
                          What about them?

Comment

How could we possibly forget the prestigious Trofeo Bortolotti which we lifted in 2011

unnamed (1).jpg
                            Warnock's hooped army .....kings of Europe

Comment

What about them?

i am saying a lot of them are just on the gravy train like HR very little to offer just a name.New blood new ideas etc thats all

Comment

IF SMC gets it totally wrong then I would hope he is replaced with someone who is proven at this level at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X