Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morning........Have i been in a coma or missed something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to disappoint anyone im just me since the last time i looked.....with my own mind and dont just follow the flow and say it how it is.....Be it very dodgy on here going against the flow.....

Comment

I think it’s safe to say that powerrangers is not Pinkie.

So unless he proves otherwise, in ways which are usually quite obvious to us, perhaps we should all give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

I think SMC is a complete bell*** and doesn’t have a scobby doo when it comes to managing. He’s proving that by playing two cm’s in the wing. I am also in the minority who would of preferred to of kept Ollie than to have him at the club.

I also agree with Power that the Smyth decision Is very odd. However, right now there’s no need to be too negative. A win and a draw is certainly a welcome upturn in our fortunes and the club should be commended on bringing in the likes of Wells, Hemed and Cameron.

Bassong is a weird one but we have Hall coming back and Goss might surprise us. I’ve had to eat some humble pie with Cousins who I really haven’t rated but SMC does seem to be getting a performance out of him.

No need to moan for the sake of it and the last two results have shown we can certainly compete with the teams who are going to be in and around us this year.

Comment

Originally posted by powerrangers View Post
          Morning......Ive just had a quick browse on here and it seems ive either been in a coma or missed something.....
          Hello. This is the Year 2052. Our World Supreme Highness Donald J Trump VI (cloning is now a thing) sends huge greetings to recently awakened coma patients.. We are in the National League punching above our weight. There is a meat raffle at the Bull & Bush in Ruislip on Saturday night to help raise funds for a new kit bag.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr;n248523[B
            6]I think it’s safe to say that powerrangers is not Pinkie.[/B]

So unless he proves otherwise, in ways which are usually quite obvious to us, perhaps we should all give him the benefit of the doubt.

#headinthesand
            #blindasabat
            #refusingtobelievetheplainobvious
            #patheticcopout

Comment

Ollie played CB in CM and CF on LW does that mean he never had a scooby??

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                I think SMC is a complete bell*** and doesn’t have a scobby doo when it comes to managing. He’s proving that by playing two cm’s in the wing.
                Is there no such thing as a RM and LM anymore then or is everyone who plays to one side of the centre a "winger" ?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Ollie played CB in CM and CF on LW does that mean he never had a scooby??
                  Tactically no. Don't get me wrong West I don't think Ollie was some messiah or anything like that and he frustrated me numerous times last year with his team selections that were just baffling. However, he kept us up comfortably with a very small playing budget and I feel like he did restore some pride to the shirt as well as given youth a chance. Add the fact in that he loves the club my preference would of been to keep him, certainly over SMC.

Comment

I feel like he did restore some pride to the shirt as well as given youth a chance.
                    But that's a bit of a myth, isn't it? He only gave a chance to some younger players towards the end of the season a) due to injuries to senior players and b) because results/performances were so dire his hand was forced.

Besides, McClaren has been playing young players regularly too. Further, another reason why he was hired was because of his superior coaching pedigree over Ollie's and his ability to improve younger players.

Comment

Maids I know where your coming from and can get the sentiment, yes last season we stayed up comfortably I agree but that points total in most other years would have seen us in relegation fight right up to the end. last year was a freak season where the points threshold was below average, so yes credit where it’s due for keeping us up

I never saw much pride when Brentford put four past us, Hull put for past us and forest put nine past us, actually saw quiet the opposite but it’s all swings and roundabouts, we all see pros and cons in ollie so we will never agree so think loads of us will just need to agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

It's far too early to judge SMac. I remember the utter dross we had to put up with month after month with both Ollie and JFH.

No one knows how SMac will work out. Evryone knows that its way too soon to call it.
                        I agree.

He needs at least another 5 games before we can judhe him fairly.

JFH didn't get a win until about his 9th game , 2 months after he got the job (Warnock had won 2 out of the 4 games as caretaker manager), so clearly the squad was not that bad. Ollie won his 1st game against Norwich who had a man sent off in the 1st minute, so not exactly a great win then he lost the next 6.

Neither of those two went on to achieve any real success, although the latter might have a case against the lack of funding available to him (McLaren has practically no funds).

Comment

Tactically no. Don't get me wrong West I don't think Ollie was some messiah or anything like that and he frustrated me numerous times last year with his team selections that were just baffling. However, he kept us up comfortably with a very small playing budget and I feel like he did restore some pride to the shirt as well as given youth a chance. Add the fact in that he loves the club my preference would of been to keep him, certainly over SMC.
                          I agree with you that McLaren is not a good manager although he is a good coach, and I wold have preferred QPR to look around and appoint someone better.

Ollie kept QPR up comfortably, but ONLY after he ditched his wingback/3 at the back system that had failed most games and even he had to change it during those games to try and salvage something, yet he would start with it again the next game. And no, he wasn't worth keeping just because of how he feels about the club.

Now, McLaren needs time to get his system working annd with the loan signings he has brought in we should be in a better position to judge him. If QPR are still in the bottom 3 at the end of October, then the club would need to reconsider.

Comment

Add the fact in that he loves the club
                            has nothing whatsoever to do with it.....

Lots of people love the club. Very few, if any, would make good managers.

Sentimental appointments seldom work out. Like I said before, we put up with months of utter dross under Ollie (and JFH). Give SMac a chance. Otherwise we may as well rotate the gaffer every couple of games. Which might be a better idea than it sounds....

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              Play all the youngsters and let them make mistakes whilst they learn and you get the sack, like Olly did. Clearly this youth message coming from the Board only applies if you get promotion!!
                              I thought Ollie got the sack because he resisted introducing the youth for so long (in the same way he resisted any other change to his bizarre tactics). But I may be mis-remembering.

Comment

Working...
                              X