Bassong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassong

Considering signing him on a free apparently.

Experienced defender that could be useful when we are down to the bare bones or a waste of a wage that could be spent on some other out of contract CB like James Collins ?

Would much rather Collins. Bassong is awful.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We were after Bassong when he was at spurs and we were flashing the cash. I always considered him a decent CB from his Newcastle days

Comment

Gassing is actually an ok defender. Pretty pace still, yes has the odd lapse in concentration but we are at the end of the day a championship team! Stop living in the premiership days and spending. If I'm honest if feel far more attached to the squad and team then I did in the premier days. Bassong hemed wells Rangel etc all great pros and not a moments bother! . They will help the talent we have in the squad to reach their goals etc and we do have the talent there in abundance. Chair, eze,bos,dalling, Smyth,Oteh,manning,Freeman,Wsolek, and more but the quality is there they need guidance and direction and it will thrive. Much rather a 32 year old bassong then a 36 year old Collins who can't run!!!!. You rssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
          hemed wells Rangel etc all great pros and not a moments bother!
          You do know you just morphed into Arry Redknapp with that quote

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

You do know you just morphed into Arry Redknapp with that quote
            That maybe so mate but it's true none complain, just want 1st team football and all Give 100%

Comment

Bassong isn't very good. He couldn't get in an average Norwich team and hasn't played in over a year. No one else has signed in within that time. He is a player that people know off so presume he is still good. He isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                Bassong isn't very good. He couldn't get in an average Norwich team and hasn't played in over a year. No one else has signed in within that time. He is a player that people know off so presume he is still good. He isn't.
                When you put it like that it’s exactly same situation as when we got ollie after being out the game and no one else wanting him.

Comment

we been looking at him for so long now its verging on stalking
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                    I think you really have to give some consideration to the fact that we have a team of professionals working at our club who presumably know what they are doing. Bassong has been training with us for a few weeks now and has played in a few U23s games - and did ok ( watched online yesterday ). Really can’t see the problem here - we won’t be offering a 3 year contract !

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post

I think you really have to give some consideration to the fact that we have a team of professionals working at our club who presumably know what they are doing. Bassong has been training with us for a few weeks now and has played in a few U23s games - and did ok ( watched online yesterday ). Really can’t see the problem here - we won’t be offering a 3 year contract !
                      Yeah fair points, well made. I haven't seen the games but going by the feedback I got from some Norwich fans, I wouldn't get excited by this one; and I love an older signing. I think we have a better history with older players than younger but I am still not convinced but more than happy to be proved wrong.

Comment

Everyone was crying about not giving onuoha a new deal but turn nose up at bassong a literally identical player for cheaper than what onuoha wants. Both pacey, both experienced both open to lapses of concentration! Make your minds up! Bassong is no worse then onuoha. Watched bassong in the last 3 u23 games nothing wrong with him as cover in which he will probably be signed for

Comment

Can't hurt to have an extra body at the back based on our CB injury history IMO and we could do a lot worse than Bassong.

Comment

Why has he been so long out of the game?
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Signed as cover in case any problems with Grant Hall.

Comment

Working...
                              X