is our youth policy doing its job????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is our youth policy doing its job????

i know we seem to pick up a few bits of 'silverware' at this level but in all honesty over the last few years (decade) no young player has come thru to make the grade in the first team........i know the lad parrett went to spuds and was a highly reguarded talent but apart from roy jones..r.i.p....i think the youth system has sort of 'failed' us too be fair!.........where are the kevin gallens,langleys?????............see thats abbout it????
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

balanta
    rose
    come thru....
    germain??

sad to think kiyan and ray jones died so young, with so much to offer...

we brought thru many young norn players
    macca
    ian stewart to name 2
    we had good scouts and an excellent yth set up thru the 80s and 90s...

i had hoped a large chunk of new monies would go to re-create our acADEMY

Comment

Things are improving and i think keith ryan is the man for the job just give them a chance mind i dont now why they got rid of brown.
      Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

It's ray jones. Man!

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
          balanta
          rose
          come thru....
          germain??

sad to think kiyan and ray jones died so young, with so much to offer...

we brought thru many young norn players
          macca
          ian stewart to name 2
          we had good scouts and an excellent yth set up thru the 80s and 90s...

i had hoped a large chunk of new monies would go to re-create our acADEMY
          German looks fantastic, as does rose. Dunno what has happened to balanta of late (off the pitch issues?).

I think we're doing pretty well in the youth department..oh and of course...we have ELVIS!!!
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

and nannetti apparently is godlike.

Comment

Putnins voted player of the Trofigeo tournament, fantastic achievement considering the calibre of squads out there....

Maybe not one for our youth to claim though as Gorkks actually recommended him....

Nanneti by the sounds of things is a good talent as is Max Ehmer, Balanta, Rose and German.....

At the end of the day with fans demanding we sign dross like Lita and petition to sack the manager after a few draws what's the point in investing in youth as well never find a manager brave enough to play them

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                Putnins voted player of the Trofigeo tournament, fantastic achievement considering the calibre of squads out there....

Maybe not one for our youth to claim though as Gorkks actually recommended him....

Nanneti by the sounds of things is a good talent as is Max Ehmer, Balanta, Rose and German.....

At the end of the day with fans demanding we sign dross like Lita and petition to sack the manager after a few draws what's the point in investing in youth as well never find a manager brave enough to play them
                Fair Points. I also cannot wait to see more of these players in a rangers shirt!!:byebye:
                Everyday Plumbers Bristol
                63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
                0117 239 1217
                http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

too right

Comment

the problem for you is you have not got tony carr ;D;D;D

Comment

Lets see ho many of these hold down a regular place in the next two seasons.
                      We desperately need our academy reinstated, these players coming through are simply not being tested at the top level, we play teams like Southend, Wycombe, Gillingham etc with all due respect if you play teams such as Arsenal, Chelsea , Spurs, week in week out our youth will be at a far higher standard than they are now.

Comment

Working...
                      X