Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why, oh why, are we playing with almost no width?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why oh why are people moaning about wingers or style of play? We have finally started picking up points after a shocking start, couple of wins in the cup, things are finally starting to look up, squad is looking better than it was a week or 2 ago. Let's just keep it tight, simple, pick up points and worry about style and wingers and whatever else later

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
      Why oh why are people moaning about wingers or style of play? We have finally started picking up points after a shocking start, couple of wins in the cup, things are finally starting to look up, squad is looking better than it was a week or 2 ago. Let's just keep it tight, simple, pick up points and worry about style and wingers and whatever else later
      Because they're keeping feet on the ground whilst reaching for the stars, uppers

Comment

As they had won the previous game perhaps SMC didn't want to change a winning side except for injuries.

Maybe he will select Wzsolek or BOS for the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Can't disagree but punters soon get plssed off watching drossball would you pay to watch QPR playing Pullis football season after season , yeah watch it if your in trouble but from the first day of the season to the last not for me buddy
          The likes of Pulis and Alardice are gold to a board of directors. But like some managers we've had, fans want a brand of play that the players cant deliver even though they're on huge wages. We all would like expansive football,but we set up like that every week,and took some beatings some we call out SMCs strategies. If he plays a more conservative game but gets points his strategies are questioned. Such is management and such is criticism from fans who mostly have never kicked a ball beyond Sunday league and 5 aside.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The likes of Pulis and Alardice are gold to a board of directors. But like some managers we've had, fans want a brand of play that the players cant deliver even though they're on huge wages. We all would like expansive football,but we set up like that every week,and took some beatings some we call out SMCs strategies. If he plays a more conservative game but gets points his strategies are questioned. Such is management and such is criticism from fans who mostly have never kicked a ball beyond Sunday league and 5 aside.
            There is the point sheep's most punters watch football to see players do things they could never do !
            But you're certainly right about directors want stability never mind the dross !
            There is a saying you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time , and that's where fans get plssed off watching Pullis and Alardice football after reaching Thier targets , even last season with religation a certainty WBA fans were pleased with the football their then stand in manager Daren Moore was serving up

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Is the correct answer. Good to see at least two of us on this MB know their football, as well as being modest about it.

Comment

I am not too fused about a lack of wingers playing. Gives the full backs more freedom to go forward and means playing 2 up top. I think the diamond formation suits us quite nicely to be honest, but not sure we can have Freeman and Eze in the same team for that formation.

Comment

Personally as long as we are picking up points I couldn't give a monkeys about whether or not we are playing with width.

Whatever works then build on it.

Comment

God almighty....

Given our start, the most important thing was not to concede and cave in away from him.

Vs Brum, that meant sitting very deep. There was actually a plan in place and we looked reasonably secure.

I've always been in favour of getting it deep and wide and turning their back line but give him a chance. A clean sheet was the most important thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      God almighty....

Given our start, the most important thing was not to concede and cave in away from him.

Vs Brum, that meant sitting very deep. There was actually a plan in place and we looked reasonably secure.

I've always been in favour of getting it deep and wide and turning their back line but give him a chance. A clean sheet was the most important thing.
                      Sorry, but I dont think he watches dross football Just a joke. My point was that in general, we have, and have had for a long time now, a squad for playing with two classic wingers. Problem is that we never use them.

QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

we have, and have had for a long time now, a squad for playing with two classic wingers. Problem is that we never use them.
                        And at least one striker who depends on that kind of service. And I've been saying this for well over a year.

However, especially after conceding seven, the main priority is sorting out the back end. That is the building block.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

And at least one striker who depends on that kind of service. And I've been saying this for well over a year.

However, especially after conceding seven, the main priority is sorting out the back end. That is the building block.
                          True that.

QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

As John Lennon once sang ' All we are saying is give Pav a chance'.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              As John Lennon once sang ' All we are saying is give Pav a chance'.
                              ExcatlyThat was a good one.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X