Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why, oh why, are we playing with almost no width?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, oh why, are we playing with almost no width?

We have BOS and Wzsolek who can both provide it, but we still don`t use them. It is quite close to madness, as I see it. We are thowing points away, IMO. Rant over.....
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

The only way to beat them is get round the back
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Tactical genius McLaren fitting in the new strikers along with Eze and Freeman. You sense at some point something has to give and changes made.

Comment

clear to see McClaren has already got his favourites regardless of how shoite they are playing.

Comment

These.

Comment

It's fear of loosing compacting the middle of the park , those who thought this tactical genius came here to play expansive free flowing football now realise the last spell he had where he picked points was just a pipe dream , from what I recall the football wasn't great winning mainly by the odd goal

Comment

Basically to be less adventurous, attacking, keep ourselves as a tight compact unit to keep clean sheets.
              When confidence grows, i feel the team will be set up more to attack , but a 7-1 drubbing does focus the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Basically to be less adventurous, attacking, keep ourselves as a tight compact unit to keep clean sheets.
                When confidence grows, i feel the team will be set up more to attack , but a 7-1 drubbing does focus the mind.
                That is true.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

[QUOTE=dogsrrs;n2484918]It's fear of loosing compacting the middle of the park , those who thought this tactical genius came here to play expansive free flowing football now realise the last spell he had where he picked points was just a pipe dream , from what I recall the football wasn't great winning mainly by the odd goal[/QUOTE]

Ok so we weren't exactly Barcelona but the football wasn't too bad either and I'd be more than happy to go on a long run of winning by the odd goal.

Comment

Is the correct answer. Good to see at least two of us on this MB know their football, as well as being modest about it.

Comment

I know you slated Ollie but its good to see you asking similar questions about our current manager that gets treated miles better by some on here even though he don't play wingers either. Good coach yet terrible with regards to tactics.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Make you right there. Think we’ll see the current back 4 settle with possibility of Hall replacing Lynch, a DM 2 of Cameron and Scowen/ Luongo to give a platform

Comment

We haven't had a manager that has played 442 with wingers since Arry was here. Every season this conversation comes up. Its not gonna happen. Modern football innit.

Comment

[QUOTE=rodman;n2484924]
                            Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            It's fear of loosing compacting the middle of the park , those who thought this tactical genius came here to play expansive free flowing football now realise the last spell he had where he picked points was just a pipe dream , from what I recall the football wasn't great winning mainly by the odd goal[/QUOTE]

Ok so we weren't exactly Barcelona but the football wasn't too bad either and I'd be more than happy to go on a long run of winning by the odd goal.
                            Depends whats your choice of football Rod , me I can't watch drossball win or lose I go to football to see players doing things I could never do but then I grew up watching Rodney Stanley Toney curry Gerrry Francis Dave Thomas and co, I'd rather be a mid table side playing football than the odd goal bore test at the top end

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                              We haven't had a manager that has played 442 with wingers since Arry was here. Every season this conversation comes up. Its not gonna happen. Modern football innit.
                              Begs question if we have no intention of playing with wingers why the hell do we keep recruiting them

Comment

Working...
                              X