Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why, oh why, are we playing with almost no width?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

    Depends whats your choice of football Rod , me I can't watch drossball win or lose I go to football to see players doing things I could never do but then I grew up watching Rodney Stanley Toney curry Gerrry Francis Dave Thomas and co, I'd rather be a mid table side playing football than the odd goal bore test at the top end
    That's what Stoke fans thought. I wonder if their still of the same opinion?
    Last edited by Stanley; 02-09-2018, 01:49 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

    Comment


    • #17
      I wonder why a professional fotball tactician will deem a 4-4-2 set up less effective than a other more modern(?) one, like 3-5-2 or whatever?
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

      Comment


      • #18
        I would be very happy if one of the mods could edit the thread title. Two errors in it.. Thanks in advance..
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          I know you slated Ollie but its good to see you asking similar questions about our current manager that gets treated miles better by some on here even though he don't play wingers either. Good coach yet terrible with regards to tactics.
          SM been here 5 minutes. If he consistently makes daft decisions I am sure he will get same treatment. Not a great start by him either but we will see over next 2-3 months. Ollie poor recruitment from day 1. Was 50/50 personally over SM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Shania View Post
            I wonder why a professional fotball tactician will deem a 4-4-2 set up less effective than a other more modern(?) one, like 3-5-2 or whatever?
            Because 3-5-2 requires wingbacks - a highly specialised position - which most clubs, particularly outside the PL, simply do not possess in their squads.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Stanley View Post

              Because 3-5-2 requires wingbacks - a highly specialised position - which most clubs, particularly outside the PL, simply do not possess in their squads.
              But with a squad which has got wingers in it, why don`t use them? We have tall strikers who can benefit from it at our disposal also..
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

                That's what Stoke fans thought. I wonder if their still of the same opinion?
                Sheep's I hope you don't think Stoke has been anything other than an anti football derge of a club in recent years ???

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  I would be very happy if one of the mods could edit the thread title. Two errors in it.. Thanks in advance..
                  No Problem.

                  Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  But with a squad which has got wingers in it, why don`t use them?
                  I agree with you that we should. Was just addressing your other point about 3-5-2.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Stanley View Post

                    No Problem.



                    I agree with you that we should. Was just addressing your other point about 3-5-2.
                    Ok. And thanks!!
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Theres absolutely nothing wrong with 4 4 2 it's just a case of having the right players at the right time , that formation wasn't widely used before 1966 , in fact 3 at the back is the oldest football formation with the W M formation , the 3 at the back was RB...?CH ...LB .....THE MF ...RH....LH....ISIDE RIGHT ....INSIIDE LEFT ....O/S R...C/F ...OS L FULL BACKS PURELY DEFENCIVE ,THE H/BS holding mid s one inside forward plays centre mid the other plays along side the C/f , the wingers or outside right and left played down the flanks
                      ​​​​​​more less wing backs
                      Yes iknow I might not have made this plain enough but just draw a W on top of a M each point being a position I'm to much of a technophobe to draw things on my phone

                      Scrub my attempt to explain as ###### , just Google footballs w, m formation
                      Last edited by dogsrrs; 02-09-2018, 03:31 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

                        Sheep's I hope you don't think Stoke has been anything other than an anti football derge of a club in recent years ???
                        Like many teams that Pulis has left behind most are now in a worse position from a League perspective. There were many fans calling for this head,.Stoke & WBA, but I wonder whether they regretting that after. I have no view on the style of play but it was nothing short of effective.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

                          Like many teams that Pulis has left behind most are now in a worse position from a League perspective. There were many fans calling for this head,.Stoke & WBA, but I wonder whether they regretting that after. I have no view on the style of play but it was nothing short of effective.
                          Can't disagree but punters soon get plssed off watching drossball would you pay to watch QPR playing Pullis football season after season , yeah watch it if your in trouble but from the first day of the season to the last not for me buddy

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I think he's playing the right way with the strikers hemed and wells. Don't need wingers just need the quality on ball and Freeman and eze are the best we have to pick passes to them there are intelligent players.as someone said more compact is also key.if sylla and Smith played I'd then play wingers

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by pauly View Post
                              I think he's playing the right way with the strikers hemed and wells. Don't need wingers just need the quality on ball and Freeman and eze are the best we have to pick passes to them there are intelligent players.as someone said more compact is also key.if sylla and Smith played I'd then play wingers
                              And as plan B later on In the matches. Think I still want Wszolek on the right wing though.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by West Acton View Post

                                Begs question if we have no intention of playing with wingers why the hell do we keep recruiting them
                                Good point Westy but this is what we seem to do. Buy players for positions we don't need/use.

                                I think the board brought McClaren in cause they think he can turn Eze into a player and fetch a big fee. Maybe Steve will even get a cut?

                                Scratching my head trying to work out the reason behind his appointment and best I can come up with. Ollie didn't rate Eze that highly apparently.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X