Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeman

Interesting how our fan base is split on Freeman, Some believe he is PL quality and our best player and showman and others think he is a greedy play for myself player who does not care too much about the team. Where do you guys sit where he is concerned?

I think more fans are seeing through him this season 73 as I have read lots of criticism of him on this forum this season

He’s certainly a good player with potential but it’s like he’s hit the ceiling, he’s at cross roads were he goes to another level and becomes all round better player or he keeps doing what he is doing being greedy and playing for himself.

Comment

I’ve watched him regularly since he joined us and I’m split on him.

He has a lovely balance and close control and if speed isn’t required he can beat 2-3 players and pick a pass. He can create centrally.

He isnt a winger though as he doesnt have the pace to get downthe wing and cross a ball. His delivery isn’t great and his right foot is woeful. He also can’t shoot at all with either foot, hence his goal tally is poor for an attacking player. His head drops quite easily and his persona tells me he is a strong personality in the dressing room and is the “hard to drop type”. I think if dropped he would moan and cause problems.

In a 442 I don’t see where he fits in for those reasons above. In a 4231 he would compete for the spot behind the front man centrally with eze and lose.

He is more effective in the centre of midfield than Luongo though. However, I would play scowen with Eze whilst we play 442.

Comment

Pretty good summary Rich nothing there to disagree with

Comment

Thought he was fine when he joined. But lately he's been very frustrating, especially yesterday.

Comment

Him(Probably) and Luongo, are the ones I would like us to sell after the season. Having said that and from what I saw yesterday, he is no winger and never has been, as he said himself while at Bristol City.....
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

We've all seen how good he can be, but get frustrated as hell when he's not on form. Same can be said as Luongo. Great player, 1st name on team sheet if we knew he was going to player the way we know he can play, but like Freeman its a flip of the coin every week as to how he's going to play. No consistency to both of there games and thats where the frustration comes from. So much potential in both players.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Alwats had him as a show pony and someone who was only for himself and always find it interesting to read of how hard working he is which is not entirely accurate Fulham away last season being a case in point where he losses the ball and cannot be bothered to track back which led to giving away the first goal. Get rid in january or he will do to us what he did to bristol city.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Alwats had him as a show pony and someone who was only for himself and always find it interesting to read of how hard working he is which is not entirely accurate Fulham away last season being a case in point where he losses the ball and cannot be bothered to track back which led to giving away the first goal. Get rid in january or he will do to us what he did to bristol city.
                  What did he do to Bristol City?

QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Run the contract down hence why we paid 200kto300k

Comment

All our midfield three hardly inspire me.....cameron n jerome....i mean woslek could be a handy pairing
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

This business of him being greedy , playing for himself , a show pony , why can't he be given chance now that he has two experienced runners who can find space in front of him for the first time since he's been here , see if he learn to read their games
                        afterall isn't it what posters raved about S Ms being a great tactision there he should be able teach him what a play makers job is

Comment

Dogs. Do you think he is good or consistent enough as a playmaker??

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            Run the contract down hence why we paid 200kto300k
                            Ok. But on the field he lost his place to Lee Tomlin and had to play on the wing. That`s why his form dipped. But, anyway, I see what you mean.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              This business of him being greedy , playing for himself , a show pony , why can't he be given chance now that he has two experienced runners who can find space in front of him for the first time since he's been here , see if he learn to read their games
                              afterall isn't it what posters raved about S Ms being a great tactision there he should be able teach him what a play makers job is
                              Agree Dogs, now we have pace and movement up front should be something to work on. Number of times in the past seen him break and more often than not the forward line has been behind him

Comment

Working...
                              X