Clear All

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Run the contract down hence why we paid 200kto300k

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Alwats had him as a show pony and someone who was only for himself and always find it interesting to read of how hard working he is which is not entirely accurate Fulham away last season being a case in point where he losses the ball and cannot be bothered to track back which led to giving away the first goal. Get rid in january or he will do to us what he did to bristol city.
    What did he do to Bristol City?

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Alwats had him as a show pony and someone who was only for himself and always find it interesting to read of how hard working he is which is not entirely accurate Fulham away last season being a case in point where he losses the ball and cannot be bothered to track back which led to giving away the first goal. Get rid in january or he will do to us what he did to bristol city.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    We've all seen how good he can be, but get frustrated as hell when he's not on form. Same can be said as Luongo. Great player, 1st name on team sheet if we knew he was going to player the way we know he can play, but like Freeman its a flip of the coin every week as to how he's going to play. No consistency to both of there games and thats where the frustration comes from. So much potential in both players.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Him(Probably) and Luongo, are the ones I would like us to sell after the season. Having said that and from what I saw yesterday, he is no winger and never has been, as he said himself while at Bristol City.....

Leave a comment:

• knocker
    replied
    Thought he was fine when he joined. But lately he's been very frustrating, especially yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Pretty good summary Rich nothing there to disagree with

Leave a comment:

• Rich
    replied
    I’ve watched him regularly since he joined us and I’m split on him.

He has a lovely balance and close control and if speed isn’t required he can beat 2-3 players and pick a pass. He can create centrally.

He isnt a winger though as he doesnt have the pace to get downthe wing and cross a ball. His delivery isn’t great and his right foot is woeful. He also can’t shoot at all with either foot, hence his goal tally is poor for an attacking player. His head drops quite easily and his persona tells me he is a strong personality in the dressing room and is the “hard to drop type”. I think if dropped he would moan and cause problems.

In a 442 I don’t see where he fits in for those reasons above. In a 4231 he would compete for the spot behind the front man centrally with eze and lose.

He is more effective in the centre of midfield than Luongo though. However, I would play scowen with Eze whilst we play 442.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    I think more fans are seeing through him this season 73 as I have read lots of criticism of him on this forum this season

He’s certainly a good player with potential but it’s like he’s hit the ceiling, he’s at cross roads were he goes to another level and becomes all round better player or he keeps doing what he is doing being greedy and playing for himself.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    started a topic Freeman

Freeman

Interesting how our fan base is split on Freeman, Some believe he is PL quality and our best player and showman and others think he is a greedy play for myself player who does not care too much about the team. Where do you guys sit where he is concerned?
Working...
X