No announcement yet.

Washington gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus side for Sheffield United is that it won't take long to knock up a highlights reel for him on their offical...

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      Utter waste of £2.5 million
      Tbh gave a lot more effort than most of the premiership signings. He just wasn't good enough for us.

Comment

Not sure Les understands the moneyball model.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          Utter waste of £2.5 million
          I remember when we signed him. Dof grin was giving interviews saying that "Washington will need time and coaching. He will be a good investment for the future".
          ​​​​​​
          3years and 98 games later, he has contributed 14 goals and 4 assists.
          Great investment les.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

If you think about it since Les has been here he’s wasted a lot of dough. Chery, Polter, Washington, Bidwell, Gladwin, Sylla, El Karzi, Ingram that’s about 12 million there and these players have either been sold for being #### or let go or need replacing. There’s probably more.

Comment

If buying iron clad guaranteed performance was easy then every side would have only consistent high level performers. I believe the club had an impact on his performance, where he was played, how he was fed chances, the club's struggle to play a settled 11, have a consistent style of play.

I think if Sheff U give him confidence and build on his strengths he'll do better than he did with us. Not all Washington's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                If you think about it since Les has been here he’s wasted a lot of dough. Chery, Polter, Washington, Bidwell, Gladwin, Sylla, El Karzi, Ingram that’s about 12 million there and these players have either been sold for being #### or let go or need replacing. There’s probably more.
                Could make an interesting thread: What proportion of our signings under the DOF’’s watch could be classed as successful vs failed?...

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  If buying iron clad guaranteed performance was easy then every side would have only consistent high level performers. I believe the club had an impact on his performance, where he was played, how he was fed chances, the club's struggle to play a settled 11, have a consistent style of play.

I think if Sheff U give him confidence and build on his strengths he'll do better than he did with us. Not all Washington's fault.
                  Pretty fair post tbh
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

good post actually. i'm pretty sure we made a profit on chery and polter but nothing major. ariel borysuik can slide into that list as well although he went on a free. bidwell is probably worth what we paid for him which was 2m i think but we have bled out a lot of money on crap players.

i think only the midfield 3 and matt smith are worth more now than what we paid for them

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                      Not all Washington's fault.
                      If not being good enough at this level isn't his fault then you're right.

It was our fault for signing him in the first place.

Comment

Questions should be asked to why we paid the best part of 3 million for him as he was not worth that before we signed and worth even less now.

Comment

Of course we can't actually say he's gone until he's found the exit.

Comment

Yes a lot of them haven't been good buys. Profits on Chery and Polter but you buy based on what players have shown at previous club(s). It's not always our fault or Les's fault if they don't produce the goods for us. Sometimes the blame needs to lie on the players shoulders too

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Questions should be asked to why we paid the best part of 3 million for him as he was not worth that before we signed and worth even less now.
                              ’worth even less’ now = £0
                              My dog cost more.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

’worth even less’ now = £0
                                My dog cost more.
                                If that's what you think of CW, poor dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X