Alex McCarthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex McCarthy

Is this the goalkeeper we had that hardly played under Green and who we sold to Palace and even then he hardly ever played. Now at Southampton and believe it or not has just been called up to the England squad.

Yep, the one and only.

Comment

Shows how crap English keeping position is

Comment

Phew....I thought he was on his way back again

Comment

Joe Hart must be going spare to lose out to McCarthy !

Comment

The F.A will soon wonder why we only have a handful of good players to pick from. Clubs have been far too foreign player happy and not allowing English players to play.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
              Is this the goalkeeper we had that hardly played under Green and who we sold to Palace and even then he hardly ever played. Now at Southampton and believe it or not has just been called up to the England squad.
              They got him in to serve the beans, they'll regret it

Comment

i thought he was decent,just no shout at ours. miles better than flapper we have now
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                  i thought he was decent,just no shout at ours. miles better than flapper we have now
                  Agree.

He was good at Reading and never really got a chance at QPR so I am not sure why his ability is being questioned.

Comment

To be fair to him he's now Southamptons number one after ousting Fraser Forster

Comment

Decent Keeper. Got laughed at on here at the time for saying I reckoned he could play for England. Still a long way to go for that to happen, but my point he was miles better than Rob Green at the time still stands.

Good luck to McCarthy.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        Decent Keeper. Got laughed at on here at the time for saying I reckoned he could play for England. Still a long way to go for that to happen, but my point he was miles better than Rob Green at the time still stands.

Good luck to McCarthy.
                        Yes, he should have been given a chance at QPR.

Comment

I liked McCarthy and he had all the attributes to be a very good keeper unfortunately like a lot of players he was written off and slaughtered way before he should have been. Still happens now we over rate some and pan others just the way it is at Rangers.

Comment

Working...
                          X