Missed out on a good one in Hefele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed out on a good one in Hefele

Very good game for Forest. Just what we need at the back.

Just been watching it. He played well and got motm. Dubious penalty decision at the end which could've levelled it at 2-2 and then Forest go up the other end and score a third. Wouldn't be surprised to see us get them next round now.

Comment

Yes, but we missed out because Les (or someone else at the club) only wanted him on loan!!!

Comment

I know, strange decision for me. And he only went for £350,000. My understanding was the club only wanted deals until the end of the season and didn't want to get anyone in on longer contracts. Why i don't know. Isn't Baptiste free also at the end of this season? Hall? Hefele was definitely a missed opportunity

Comment

Was it not a wage issue ? He was on his way to a medical with us before Forest jumped in.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
            I know, strange decision for me. And he only went for £350,000. My understanding was the club only wanted deals until the end of the season and didn't want to get anyone in on longer contracts. Why i don't know. Isn't Baptiste free also at the end of this season? Hall? Hefele was definitely a missed opportunity
            Perhaps there is a correlation with the end of this season and the end of the 4 year parachute payments. In other words, before we commit to a wage budget for next season, based on our lower income levels, we probably wish to know with a level of certainty what division we will be playing in. It’s a fair risk-mitigation strategy, absent in prior times. And until that point, we won’t sign up anyone new beyond this season, hence the loan strategy for this season.
            Last edited by Jonny; 30-08-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Could be exactly why. We clearly have the money to bring in loans and pay their wages for now so seems logical.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Perhaps there is a correlation with the end of this season and the end of the 4 year parachute payments. In other words, before we commit to a wage budget for next season, based on our lower income levels, we probably wish to know with a level of certainty what division we will be playing in. It’s a fair risk-mitigation strategy, absent in prior times. And until that point, we won’t sign up anyone new beyond this season, hence the loan strategy for this season.
                oday

Iow, today is an important day. We have to get a few loans in.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                X