X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back

Highlights.

BOS man of the match - electric.
    Hall - great to see him back, a little shaky to start with but grew into the game and both he and baps looked solid
    Kakay - lots of hustle and bustle, super enthusiastic, and some good bits of quality especially his cross for smiths third. I like the way he keeps things simple in possession, but then surprises with some barnstorming runs and overlaps. Can only see him getting better.
    Chair - played an unfamiliar right midfield role, but he is good at running with the ball so wasn’t too alien for him. Lively first half, didn’t see the ball second half before being replaced by Smyth. A word on his delivery: excellent quality from set pieces and corners.
    Smyth: the usual lots of energy and pace, and flew past a couple of players for fun, but didnt really get into the game too much for last 30 mins.
    Washington - dear oh dear. Nothing ever seems to come off for him. Nothing. Has a habit of running the wrong way, mis-anticipating forward passes, and is generally slow off the mark. Never gets in front of his marker and doesn’t have a trick to carve out his own opportunities.
    Smith - very poor apart from his header at the end, where he was left all on his own by the Bristol defence. His all round game offers little to nothing to the rest of the side.
    Ingram: made a couple of good blocks which you would expect him to save.
    Hamalainen: didn’t have an awful lot to do in the game, some nice touches here and there, and comfortable in possession, always keeping the ball moving, but a little weak on occasion.
    Cousins - full of energy and forced the opposition into errors. Better on the ball second half and never let up on his energy, making lots of tackles and driving forward with the ball quickly. Good performance.

Ingram was worst on pitch. Should have called for balls but left to the wing backs. Missed every ball into the box in the air. Terrible distribution. Absolutely shocking

Comment

Ingram seems very loathe to command the ball and his area. He made a couple of saves but still looked nervous. I agree about BOS, He caused them real problems. I also thought both full backs did well. Kakay had little or no cover as well so fair play to him getting forward as often as he did.

Comment

Cousins give us energy and cover when the opposition break which neither of the chosen two have done all season. Played very well tonight and based on that and the start made by Scowen and Luongo especially the later deserves a run in the starting 11. Liked the fact he talked and organised the middle of the park due to having Pawel in there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
          Ingram was worst on pitch. Should have called for balls but left to the wing backs. Missed every ball into the box in the air. Terrible distribution. Absolutely shocking
          I can’t disagree. I think I went easy on him because I’ve berated him so far this season. But yeah he was everything you say apart from making a couple of saves that he was expected to save.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Cousins give us energy and cover when the opposition break which neither of the chosen two have done all season. Played very well tonight and based on that and the start made by Scowen and Luongo especially the later deserves a run in the starting 11. Liked the fact he talked and organised the middle of the park due to having Pawel in there tonight.
            An excellent point. His pace and energy would be a welcome addition to our central midfield area right now. And his distribution wouldnt be any worse than the rest of the existing trio who are not exactly blessed in that department. I’d like to see him get a chance in centre mid for 5 games or so, rather than bit part cameos at right mid which doesn’t suit him.

Comment

Daily Mail says

Steve McLaren - with a transfer embargo in January, some fans calling for his head already and a relegation fight surely upcoming - can be excused for having a cup run low on his list of priorities.

Lol.

Comment

BOS motm for me

I wasn't impressed with the defence tonight as Rovers could have scored at least 4 goals. They often stood still and let Rovers pass the ball around them orb through the gaping g

I think they must have been told to pass the ball back to Ingram frequently in order to give him some real match distribution practice!

Cousins was not that good considering the opposition and it is hard to see how he will put pressure to be in the 1st team.

Wzsolek had a good game but needed to look to pass the ball forward more often than he did.

Chair also had a tidy game and may yet break into the team by the end of the season.

Washington, Well let's face it he is not going to improve. A bit unlucky that Smith blocked his shot, but for me he didn't ever look like he was going to beat his opponent.

Smith took his goal well (easy given that he was left free to do so), but should have had a second when he headed over. Does he ever run around? He looks more suited to the over 50s walking football given that he spent most of the game doing just that? How on earth was he ever chosen to play as a lone striker .... and without wingers????

Hopefully QPR will get another home draw, perhaps against Macclesfield, Burton, Oxford or another Championship side that also selects their reserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

An excellent point. His pace and energy would be a welcome addition to our central midfield area right now. And his distribution wouldnt be any worse than the rest of the existing trio who are not exactly blessed in that department. I’d like to see him get a chance in centre mid for 5 games or so, rather than bit part cameos at right mid which doesn’t suit him.
                  The thing about cousins is every time I hear he’s had a good game it’s been against lower league teams and everyone gets all excited.
                  He then gets thrown back into championship football and just falls apart. Really don’t think he’s the answer.

I personally think SMC needs to go to market and bring in a bit of quality as scowen and Luongo are off the pace.

Comment

Maids. In a central role he gives us much needed energy and also covers behind unlike the two auto picks who have been woeful so far. Give him a run of 5 to games in the middle and then judge as 12 minutes here or a game in then out is no good to anyone. Very quick across the ground which is an asset that neither Scowen or Luongo can offer.

Comment

Agree with 73 if he don’t ever get run in 1st team how can he fairly be judged. Surely can’t be worse then what is currently getting selected week in week out?? why are they guaranteed a position when they have not shown up this season

Comment

There is a good central midfielder in there West for that I am certain and the boy gets stuck in protects the back four better than either of the blues brothers. Neither of the central midfielders are good enough or have played well to be automatic choices. Played well last night but more importantly organised a makeshift midfield well which is something we lack throughout the team.

Comment

My only concern about him is he gives ball away a lot but then again so does Scowen

Comment

Fair point West but at least he tries to win it back! Interesting how people ignore the fact that Scowen offers sod all going forward and shoots passes into people game after game and Luongo looks like he is pulling a truck such is his imobility right now yet Cousins pulls a shirt on and is automatically #### regardless of what he does. For me he has to start the next 5 games especially the Millwall game where we need to match them for effort and energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                              Highlights.

BOS man of the match - electric.
                              Hall - great to see him back, a little shaky to start with but grew into the game and both he and baps looked solid
                              Kakay - lots of hustle and bustle, super enthusiastic, and some good bits of quality especially his cross for smiths third. I like the way he keeps things simple in possession, but then surprises with some barnstorming runs and overlaps. Can only see him getting better.
                              Chair - played an unfamiliar right midfield role, but he is good at running with the ball so wasn’t too alien for him. Lively first half, didn’t see the ball second half before being replaced by Smyth. A word on his delivery: excellent quality from set pieces and corners.
                              Smyth: the usual lots of energy and pace, and flew past a couple of players for fun, but didnt really get into the game too much for last 30 mins.
                              Washington - dear oh dear. Nothing ever seems to come off for him. Nothing. Has a habit of running the wrong way, mis-anticipating forward passes, and is generally slow off the mark. Never gets in front of his marker and doesn’t have a trick to carve out his own opportunities.
                              Smith - very poor apart from his header at the end, where he was left all on his own by the Bristol defence. His all round game offers little to nothing to the rest of the side.
                              Ingram: made a couple of good blocks which you would expect him to save.
                              Hamalainen: didn’t have an awful lot to do in the game, some nice touches here and there, and comfortable in possession, always keeping the ball moving, but a little weak on occasion.
                              Cousins - full of energy and forced the opposition into errors. Better on the ball second half and never let up on his energy, making lots of tackles and driving forward with the ball quickly. Good performance.
                              Thanks for the write up.

Anyone know the attendance out of interest?

Comment

Working...
                              X