Bid(not)well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bid(not)well

yes, we need help all over the midfield and defense. But the mediocrity of our LB seems to have escaped attention in the loan period left to us. We have three options: (1) Bring in a LB (2) Convert Kakay to a LB; (3) advance Phillips or Hamileanan to first team status. Bids is pretty mediocre on his best days, but for now is our every game starter at LB. let’s get imaginative here cause Bids is a buzz killer.

He's a decent full back but not a wing back. I've only seen one game this season and he was certainly at fault for a goal against Bristol. Was out of position initially and ended up on his #### when the winger cut back. I'm sure he'll settle down but there's no competition there.

Comment

He’s ok Bids was not big fan to start but bigger problems to resolve then him. He’s a six out of ten week in week out for me. Personally think he’s been left exposed by those in front of him last few years

Comment

Agree very box standard. In fact I would of given him exactly 6 out of 10. He is a trier and puts in some decent last ditch tackles. Actually thought rangel was worse on the other side and I'd of rated him 4. Made silly errors and just didn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet. Can only judge on last game as it was my 1st so missed his debut.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think he is ok at this level as a full back. Has been poor this season so far but it is early days and I thought he was our most improved player last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
            yes, we need help all over the midfield and defense. But the mediocrity of our LB seems to have escaped attention in the loan period left to us. We have three options: (1) Bring in a LB (2) Convert Kakay to a LB; (3) advance Phillips or Hamileanan to first team status. Bids is pretty mediocre on his best days, but for now is our every game starter at LB. let’s get imaginative here cause Bids is a buzz killer.
            The new whipping boy! Played as a wing back last season and left totally exposed by a non existent Eze at Preston, Sheffield United, WBA, Bristol City and first part of Saturday. We have a fourth option of actually getting behind the lad. Option 2 is a no go as defensively he’s poor and option 3, have you seen them in the U23’s?

Comment

Both full backs more often than not are left exposed by our so called wide players not tracking back and helping them out. Both on Saturday suffered that as Freeman and Eze just do not do it.

Comment

Convert Kakay to a LB? Sure, why not...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Be nice to convert him to a regular right back

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post

The new whipping boy! Played as a wing back last season and left totally exposed by a non existent Eze at Preston, Sheffield United, WBA, Bristol City and first part of Saturday. We have a fourth option of actually getting behind the lad. Option 2 is a no go as defensively he’s poor and option 3, have you seen them in the U23’s?
                    More than harsh on Eze since in those games you mention, Eze and Freeman have spent at least half the time on both flanks in a 4-3-3, and both have taken up the central 10 position 4-2-3-1.

So Bidwell has been exposed, yes, but by a number of our players including Eze, Freeman, and a brief half by BOS at Preston.

As for Bidwell himself, a shocking start in his first 6 months here, followed by a steady-Eddie job last year, and now showing he pretty bang average as a left back in this division. It’s his lack of quality on the ball and lack of pace that will always hamper our left hand side. It’s an on-going concern but we unfortunately have more pressing issues and positions to solve first.

In the modern game, full backs ARE wing backs, and converted wingers- that is at least if you wish to be challenging higher up the table.

Comment

Got far more pressing issues than Bidwell not being a wing back FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                        Wasn't playing players out of position the reason people wanted Ollie out?
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think Bidwell is solid enough at LB at this level. However, who at the club is really challenging him to take this position. We need stronger cover and someone who can genuinely push him to take his place sow e get the best out of him.

Comment

is 3 at the back worth trying out again to accomidate eze, hemed and wells and get rid of our weak fullback positions?

i saw loftforwords mention that a 3412 could suit our side and its got me thinking about it more. with a fully fit side we could line up in a 3412 quite well like...

lumley
                            bidwell leistner furlong
                            freeman scowen mass pavel
                            eze
                            hemed wells

convert bidwell and furlong to left and right ball playing cbs with leistner in the middle as cover. pavel can also get in the team and eze will be played in his best position where he can really be given a chance to shine supporting the 2 forwards. pav and freeman can whip in crosses and also support the defence alongside the other midfielders when we're on the backfoot

Comment

I know we are having a more than rough start to the season but why does the after match reviews on here win or loose seem to be who can we dig out as being CRAPPP rather than who actually played well , the players have been well and truly let down by the manager and above in other words the players have been shafted ! I'd like to see the cricticts try to play football after recieving the wrong end of a pineapple in a sensitive part

Comment

Working...
                              X