Our 75/76 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post

sort of. Givens wasn't your typical centre forward, there was no meat on the man for starters. He would play across the line, had the height for knock-ons and had some pace too. Rangers played a unique style and it's difficult to pigeon hole a players role. They were all mavericks in a way
    Ok. And the season after I think I saw Don Givens play for Neuchatel Xhamax in Switzerland, They played in European tournaments I believe.. As you ofcourse mentioned Stan Bowles,he went on to play for Nottingham Forest and that move basically spelled the end of an erea for us. I guess the squad were too thin, but I have never really understood why we couldnt keep the momentum somewhat going..
    Last edited by Shania; 28-08-2018, 12:47 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Ok. And the season after I think I saw Don Givens play for Neuchatel Chamax in Switzerland, They played in European tournaments I believe.. As you ofcourse mentioned Stan Bowles,he went on to play for Nottingham Forest and that move basically spelled the end of an erea for us. I guess the squad were too thin, but I have never really understood why we couldnt keep the momentum somewhat going..
      A lot of the squad we’re approaching the end of their careers or certainty beginning to get past their best.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

A lot of the squad we’re approaching the end of their careers or certainty beginning to get past their best.
        Ok. Appreciated.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Joyful joyful times even writing this i have chills the most exciting team i have ever seen hard to disribe what a beast gerry Francis was end to end every game dave thomas setiing off down the wing at great speed a proper winger who hugged the byline and of course stan on his best day our greatest player imo. Not just these guys of course but going forward they made it happen and always loved givens coming on for the second half with combed hair and a clean shirt looking like a model - very happy days

Comment

Originally posted by hbghoopster View Post
            Joyful joyful times even writing this i have chills the most exciting team i have ever seen hard to disribe what a beast gerry Francis was end to end every game dave thomas setiing off down the wing at great speed a proper winger who hugged the byline and of course stan on his best day our greatest player imo. Not just these guys of course but going forward they made it happen and always loved givens coming on for the second half with combed hair and a clean shirt looking like a model - very happy days
            Hehe.

QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

One wonderful moment was Dave Webb’s last minute winner against Stoke City, the Loft went barmy.

It was none to pleasant walking down South Africa Road after the game.
              Last edited by cross it Dave; 28-08-2018, 03:31 PM.
              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                One wonderful moment was Dave Webb’s last minute winner against Stoke City, the Loft went barmy.

It was none to pleasant walking down South Africa Road after the game.
                And Stoke city had Allan Hudson as their midield general back in those days, I think. He was a great player.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                X