Our 75/76 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 75/76 team

Did they have a plan B? And how did they react when they where a goal down?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Plan B was to carry on playing magnificent football with all players interacting, rotating into all positions
    and go and score more goals, very effective..........Ahead of our time in England

Comment

Reacted very well generally, we only lost 7 games and conceded 33 goals.

I went to every home league game and about 7 or 8 away league games, only saw us lose once, away at Arsenal 2-0.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Didn’t need a plan B & rarely went a goal down, magnificent team & a joy to watch Home & away.

Comment

Have you ever watched rangers live shania?

Comment

Yes, but only preseason in Norway. 1987(?) with Mark Dennis in the team.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Plan B was to carry on playing magnificent football with all players interacting, rotating into all positions
              and go and score more goals, very effective..........Ahead of our time in England
              No weak links?
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

No weak links?
                Maybe one potential one but was irrelevant. Don’t think we had any significant injury issues. Not sure how good our reserves would have been. Team seemed to pick itself every Week.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post

Maybe one potential one but was irrelevant. Don’t think we had any significant injury issues. Not sure how good our reserves would have been. Team seemed to pick itself every Week.
                  To be fair we beat Derby away 5-1 with Ron Abbott and Tony Tagg at Centre Back pairing as Mclintock and Webb were injured, so they did their job when called upon too. So much swagger to the way we played it was incredible and such a joy to watch. Really think I got lucky starting to watch the Rs in 1972.

Comment

This was my first season of going to Loftus Road aged 11 having supported the Rs since my parents moved us up from Norfolk when I was about seven. What a team that was. From memory we only played with about 13-14 players all season and I think you were only allowed one sub so plan Bs didn't really come into it back then. There were much smaller squads back then.

Comment

Incredible when you think about it Jack. One sub, players like "Chopper" Harris, "Bite yer legs" Hunter, Tommy Smith, all
                      would rather kick the player than the ball, yet players stayed on after crunching tackles.
                      Terrible pitches, the molly coddled little darlings can't even play in snow or rain these days.
                      Sure I remember Rangers playing two games in two days........

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        This was my first season of going to Loftus Road aged 11 having supported the Rs since my parents moved us up from Norfolk when I was about seven. What a team that was. From memory we only played with about 13-14 players all season and I think you were only allowed one sub so plan Bs didn't really come into it back then. There were much smaller squads back then.
                        True, it was a much smaller squad game then. The team played a 4-3-3 and was largely unchanged, I think Mick Leach was a regular sub.

Parkes
                        Clement Webb McLintock Gillard
                        Hollins Masson Francis
                        Bowles Givens Thomas

No tinkering around needed.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Incredible when you think about it Jack. One sub, players like "Chopper" Harris, "Bite yer legs" Hunter, Tommy Smith, all
                          would rather kick the player than the ball, yet players stayed on after crunching tackles.
                          Terrible pitches, the molly coddled little darlings can't even play in snow or rain these days.
                          Sure I remember Rangers playing two games in two days........
                          Very true. I love watching Big Match Revisited on BT Sports just to watch proper contact football on those muddy and sometimes frozen pitches.

Comment

Yes Mick Leach was the regular sub.

Comment

They were way ahead of their time. Way ahead. Not just from our point of view either. Everyone else loved us then.

Comment

Working...
                              X