• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOS/Smyth/Sylla

BOS - injured or just out of favour?
    Smyth - going to Pompey?
    Sylla - going to Blackburn

thoughts? Anyone ITK?

Good riddance to Sylla if it happens, no big loss IMO. Should definitely hang on to Smyth though, should be first sub on to replace one of the new guys, or could even start on the wing alongside them

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
      Good riddance to Sylla if it happens, no big loss IMO. Should definitely hang on to Smyth though, should be first sub on to replace one of the new guys, or could even start on the wing alongside them
      That's a bit harsh on Sylla ups but agree he'll be no great loss , this Smyth is an odd one all I can think is he's adamant that he's not going to to renew his contract next June so the clubs thinking is to loan him out to let another club pay his wages !! , Or the club are making a boob

Comment

BOS was/is being left out due to personal reasons
        Blackburn's interest in Sylla was fictional and is a no goer.
        Pompey enquired about Smyth and we told them where to go from what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers10 View Post
          BOS was/is being left out due to personal reasons
          Blackburn's interest in Sylla was fictional and is a no goer.
          Pompey enquired about Smyth and we told them where to go from what I've heard.
          Hopefully this is all true.

If QPR need a goal, I would rather Sylla than Washington to come off the bench. Washington is good for running around closing down etc, but not in the box.

As for Smyth, he should also be on the bench ready to come on and cause havoc with his speed and ability. Although I also think he can play on the wing if a 4-4-2 is played.

Comment

Sylla better for a goal when chasing the game, Washington good to defend from the front when we want to protect a 1-0 and Smyth is a great left winger in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              Sylla better for a goal when chasing the game, Washington good to defend from the front when we want to protect a 1-0 and Smyth is a great left winger in the making.

Comment

Pompey cooled on Smyth and R's won't allow BOS to leave.Pompey now looking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                  Pompey cooled on Smyth and R's won't allow BOS to leave.Pompey now looking elsewhere.
                  But why willing to loan Smyth and not BOS is what I don't get. Smyth has more Championship games under his belt and is better for a goal and as a winger imo.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

But why willing to loan Smyth and not BOS is what I don't get. Smyth has more Championship games under his belt and is better for a goal and as a winger imo.
                    Think you'll find BOS has featured in more league games than Smyth and has racked up more minutes in the Championship too. Would keep both personally as Smyth can play as a support striker as well as on the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Think you'll find BOS has featured in more league games than Smyth and has racked up more minutes in the Championship too. Would keep both personally as Smyth can play as a support striker as well as on the wing.
                      Ok, I stand corrected, but I still think Smyth is more likely to make something happen in a match than BOS if called upon. Who made more impact last season when used?

Sorry, don't mean that to sound as if I am having a go at you, more having a go at McLaren as if he would be reading this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Ok, I stand corrected, but I still think Smyth is more likely to make something happen in a match than BOS if called upon. Who made more impact last season when used?

Sorry, don't mean that to sound as if I am having a go at you, more having a go at McLaren as if he would be reading this forum!
                        I'd probably agree that Smyth would score more than BOS but I've got a feeling BOS will turn into a very good player given more games so I can see why he's not going out on loan. Would certainly keep Smyth as he's a far better option than most attacking players off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                          seems we want rid of sylla...

"Asked about Sylla after the game, manager Steve McClaren said: “We’re looking at options with everything at the present moment.

“We’ve got some players we want to come in and we’ve got some players that need to go out on loan, and also some players that need to leave the club.

“Hopefully in the next two or three days that will all be sorted.”"

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...-striker-sylla

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

seems we want rid of sylla...

"Asked about Sylla after the game, manager Steve McClaren said: “We’re looking at options with everything at the present moment.

“We’ve got some players we want to come in and we’ve got some players that need to go out on loan, and also some players that need to leave the club.

“Hopefully in the next two or three days that will all be sorted.”"

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...-striker-sylla
                            Yes, it is very clear that McLaren wants Sylla out.

I'd rather sell him to a French or Belgian team etc than loan him out . Whatever money they get tcan be used for loan signings.

Comment

Smyth set to move to pompy
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X