Clear All

• Hopeful of players coming in

What do we reckon? Would you lot be happy with

Collins
    Routledge
    Thorne

Or we missing something else?

Collins and Thorne yes, Routledge no.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Thorne would be brilliant in front of the defence. Piano player for me and seems to hopefully be staying fit

Comment

New Left back? Bidwell does lose concentration easily, e.g. losing his man at the back post for the killer 2nd Brizzle goal last week, and for me he doesn't get forward enough. Nose bleed time when he goes beyond the half way line! Apart from Haameleinen, he's also got no competition for the number 3 jersey has he? Probably become complacent as his inclusion is always a given

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
          New Left back? Bidwell does lose concentration easily, e.g. losing his man at the back post for the killer 2nd Brizzle goal last week, and for me he doesn't get forward enough. Nose bleed time when he goes beyond the half way line! Apart from Haameleinen, he's also got no competition for the number 3 jersey has he? Probably become complacent as his inclusion is always a given
          Bidwell has had a difficult start but was one of our best players end of last season.

Comment

Whoever the left back is they need support in front of them, playing Eze in front of him means he is more often than not overloaded as Eze ball watches and loses his man very easily. Happened again yesterday on several occasions until he was swapped with Freeman.

Comment

Bidwell was "steady Eddie" last season - not spectacular in any ways, but never weak like now. I think is has to do with the way the team is set up and organized more than the fact Bidwell isn't good enough.

Comment

Bidwell has been getting over run because people haven't been tracking back. Almost cost us again yesterday. If someone like Pawel was playing in front of him we would look more solid I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

Bidwell has had a difficult start but was one of our best players end of last season.
                  More often than not, one of our scapegoats
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post

Bidwell has been getting over run because people haven't been tracking back. Almost cost us again yesterday. If someone like Pawel was playing in front of him we would look more solid I believe
                    This. And that`s why other teams target his area. Imo, that is.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

i like bidwell as most of the time he's one of our most consistent and composed players. his form will pick up again so it'd be unfair to write him off right away imo.

i actually liked him when he played cb last season too, thought he was pretty decent there

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post

Fair one, but he just doesn't do enough for me. In this day and age that full backs have to get forward more to support attacks, he rarely provides us with this. Yes he may have been a steady Eddie last season, but I'd still want more from my full backs. Wszolek should be starting every game RMF, perhaps if we played a 4-4-2 and the LMF role was given to Freeman or Smyth, our LB would have that support. 4-3-3 means there is a lot of gaps in MF and the lack of support to the defence when opposition attack, especially in wide roles, putting more pressure on the full backs

Comment

Would be happy with all three to be honest but Collins and Thorne would be very welcome additions indeed.

indont actually necessarily think we need a lb to replace Bidwell but do we have adequate cover if he gets injured or anyone really pushing him to maintain his place.

Comment

If Bidwell gets forward then no one covers him. Opposition often put two men on him when attacking as Eze has a tendency to ball watch.
                            Routledge is not the player anymore that people remember.

Comment

Bidwell has had a few bad games but imo was our most improved player last aeason.

Comment

Working...
                              X