just need someone to carry it for him
    dunno maybe Scowen? Like the good ol' days
    of Super Ray with Ollie doing the legwork

Originally posted by shanns View Post
    Maybe Freeman could be our piano player
    just need someone to carry it for him
    dunno maybe Scowen? Like the good ol' days
    of Super Ray with Ollie doing the legwork
    Is this a wind up?! To be a “piano player” you have to be able to conduct and orchestrate a game. And actually pass the ball. Quickly.

People like; Jo Jo Shelvey & our very own Ale Faurlin.

Comment

freeman is more like a few piano keys in that he's only capable of a couple of notes

Comment

Needs to stop fiddling with his pianist.

Comment

Freeman and Scowen the middle two Tuesday in a 442. Wszolek and Smyth either side both tucking in, Scowen dropping back, when Freeman ventures far forward in a diamond. We have to break up that midfield three. It isn't working. It rarely does.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Is this a wind up?! To be a “piano player” you have to be able to conduct and orchestrate a game. And actually pass the ball. Quickly.

People like; Jo Jo Shelvey & our very own Ale Faurlin.
              Agree with this 100%. If freeman could learn when to release the ball would be a top top championship player

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Freeman and Scowen the middle two Tuesday in a 442. Wszolek and Smyth either side both tucking in, Scowen dropping back, when Freeman ventures far forward in a diamond. We have to break up that midfield three. It isn't working. It rarely does.
                Rangers 77, I find myself nodding my head in agreement with you normally, but on this one struggling to follow the logic.

One of the major flaws of the trio is the lack of ball playing midfielder and orchestrator - Scowen, Freeman and Loungo have long proved they cannot do it, both as individuals and as a collective unit.

We are badly in need of someone one who commands the ball, controls it with ease, and quickly moves it on progressively, or indeed recycles it if he deems nothing concrete is on. It’s the classic deep lying playmaker number 6 role.

So I’m struggling to see how Freeman, the one person in our team who doesn’t pass the ball to his team mates in better positions, and increasingly loses the ball cheaply, is considered the ball playing, possession-footballer, that we are crying out for?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Rangers 77, I find myself nodding my head in agreement with you normally, but on this one struggling to follow the logic.

One of the major flaws of the trio is the lack of ball playing midfielder and orchestrator - Scowen, Freeman and Loungo have long proved they cannot do it, both as individuals and as a collective unit.

We are badly in need of someone one who commands the ball, controls it with ease, and quickly moves it on progressively, or indeed recycles it if he deems nothing concrete is on. It’s the classic deep lying playmaker number 6 role.

So I’m struggling to see how Freeman, the one person in our team who doesn’t pass the ball to his team mates in better positions, and increasingly loses the ball cheaply, is considered the ball playing, possession-footballer, that we are crying out for?
                  All fair points, Jonny. I agree. The player you describe is exactly what we need. We haven't one. Playing Luongo, Scowen and Freeman together isn't working. Nor is playing Freeman wide. Luongo has completely lost form, so has to be benched. Unless we draft in Goss or Chair we have to pair Scowen and Freeman in the middle. Both hustle (Freeman, whatever else, is a grafter), so aided by full backs pushing up and wide players tucking in, it might work. Worth trying against Rovers...... Freeman might step up (rather than over...). Might. We really lack the midfielder you describe, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

All fair points, Jonny. I agree. The player you describe is exactly what we need. We haven't one. Playing Luongo, Scowen and Freeman together isn't working. Nor is playing Freeman wide. Luongo has completely lost form, so has to be benched. Unless we draft in Goss or Chair we have to pair Scowen and Freeman in the middle. Both hustle (Freeman, whatever else, is a grafter), so aided by full backs pushing up and wide players tucking in, it might work. Worth trying against Rovers...... Freeman might step up (rather than over...). Might. We really lack the midfielder you describe, however.
                    Fair enough 77, I see what you are saying. I guess the issue for me is that BOTH Loungo and Freeman are off form. And even Scowen, although to be fair he was better Saturday. Plus I just think the combination and balance of those three, or even two of them, is an unresolved, fundamental problem in our side.

Manning would be perfect to come into the side - either instead of Scowen, at number 6, or even as a good partnership with Scowen as a box to box 8, in a two-man centre midfield. A guy with an engine, who can tackle, and pass. But that’s another debate...

As for who he will actually play, I’m sure he will pick Cousins alongside Scowen for Bristol Rovers, same pairing as Peterborough. To be fair, it worked well. Let’s see!

Comment

Working...
                    X