• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was bloody furious with the Ref today a absolute joke he was at times
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
      Quick word on Lumley, improvement certainly, however not that commanding in the air, still clean sheet so well done to him.
      That was a worldy of a save though 1st half Roms to keep the score level! May have been so different had that gone in.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
        I was bloody furious with the Ref today a absolute joke he was at times
        Agreed. He was 100 % against QPR.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

I thought the linesman on ellerslie 2nd half was pathetic, made the ref look like he knew what he was doing. Surprised some rated rangel. I'm sure he isn't a bad player but he was really poor yesterday, glaring mistakes. I'd rest eze next game, we have enough class in freeman for a game or 2
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Eze has to be used in a central postion, but atm, In a deeplying position or more advanced, I`m just not sure where?
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Eze is quality but still in his development stage. I think Tuesday offers SMC the chance to try and few things and get our formation sorted and offers the right chance as others have said to rest him.

I would like to see something like the following -

lumley

kakay leinster Hall Bidwell

wsolev scowen Freeman Samuel

Hemed Wells

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Eze is quality but still in his development stage. I think Tuesday offers SMC the chance to try and few things and get our formation sorted and offers the right chance as others have said to rest him.

I would like to see something like the following -

lumley

kakay leinster Hall Bidwell

wsolev scowen Freeman Samuel

Hemed Wells
                Like the look of that Maids

Comment

Only one slight criticism of Saturday was our 39% possession rate needs to improve and stopping the needless fouls. Wells chased everything down and never gave up. An example to the younger players.

Comment

I agree that Lumley was a big improvement and well done with the clean sheet, but his ability to catch the ball or even come for it is a bit worrying.

The defence were hit and miss, but need to be more forceful in clearing the ball away and must cut out the unnecessary fouls (it happened way too often).

Luongo is a worry as we all know he can play much much better than he did in this game and others.

Freeman had a hit and miss game again.

No, I don't know why Wzsolek is not starting games as he is clearly a good player and poses a threat to opponents.

Well done to Wells and Hemed who both gave their best and haarassed the Wigan defence. Unfortunately due to lack of fitness and match sharpness they faded later in the game. They will get better.

Eze was asked to play out wide in what looked to me like at times like a 442 set up . He did reasonably well and provided support for Rangel, although he did sometimes lose possession or get brushed off the ball a bit to easily.

It may have been due to lack of confidence but the team needs to get more comfortable on the ball and cut out giving it away too cheaply. Wigan passed the ball around better.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Agreed. He was 100 % against QPR.
                      He had a poor game, but he seemed to have let the slight push that helped with the goal especially as he seemed to think that the game was no longer a contact sport (as far as challenges on Wigan went).

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

He had a poor game, but he seemed to have let the slight push that helped with the goal especially as he seemed to think that the game was no longer a contact sport (as far as challenges on Wigan went).
                        Ok I didn`t notice that.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post

Like the look of that Maids
                          Looks good. Although fully expect Cousins in for Freeman alongside Scowen, same as Peterborough. Otherwise asking for more defensive trouble which we can well do without.

Freeman never been part of a two-man centre mid for good reason, far too slow across the ground and not disciplined enough.

Comment

I don't think we look tight at the back.

And until we do, we will struggle. Simple, really.

I'm not confident re SMac's defensive coaching abilities, sometimes we're way too deep, sometimes we're higher, sometimes we press and it just seems random.

I just don't like the look of the back end one little bit. Needs sorting.

Comment

Biggest memory of Saturday is when one of their players went down as though he had been shot. We didn't see it neither did the ref as we were having a breakaway. After losing the ball their defender kicked the ball into touch
                              pointing at his dead colleague. What he didn't realise is when the ref didn't stop the game his mate had got up and sprinted back to help the defence. Should have booked the player for cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                I don't think we look tight at the back.

And until we do, we will struggle. Simple, really.

I'm not confident re SMac's defensive coaching abilities, sometimes we're way too deep, sometimes we're higher, sometimes we press and it just seems random.

I just don't like the look of the back end one little bit. Needs sorting.
                                This.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X