Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midfield And overview on the game

Great win today with Wells and Hemed making an immediate
    impact. Great to see two strikers on the pitch who look confident, clever, hungry to play and at home at this level. They will cause plenty of teams problems In the championship.

My big issue from a constructive perspective after watching the live stream is the midfield.
    I actually thought Freeman played quite well in the second half and Eze had some nice touches. However they are too similar and don’t work as wingers.

It wasn’t that Scowen and Luongo were awful but they don’t look like the players from last year. Their passing is off and no real hustle and bustle. I liked Wsolevs cameo display when he came on.
    He was direct and got in behind their defence a few times, which their defenders didn’t like at all. He also works his nuts off.
    I think he’s also got the ability to supply Hemed and Wells in the box and help balance the team out a bit more.

After seeing that today I think we need something else in the middle of the park. Luongo to me looks like he doesn’t want to be here this year. Scowen is tenacious and a grafter but I think he’s a fairly average footballer at this level and we could just do with a bit more pedigree in this department.

I like Rangel and think his experience has been a big boost for us. We need to get Hall back ASAP. I can’t work out what I think about BFG right now. Would be great if we could get a Collins or Huth type
    figure in.

Anyway great win, clean sheet and with Birmingham next we can start making strides in the league before the international break.

U rrrrrrssssss
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 25-08-2018, 05:27 PM.

Excellent update Maids good to hear
    Collins would be awesome as would the honey monster Huth.
    We need Hall asapGet do you know when he's back for gods sake

Comment

Agree. Luongo and Freeman is not good enough. Eze is good, but he seldom tracks back. When it comes to Wszolek, he should start every match, imo.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

An improved performance, in the main due to Hemed and Wells up top - working hard, pinning them back, and biggest of all a able to create their own chances. A huge difference.

Disagree that Freeman and Eze are too similar - I see no similarity in their game at all. They are not the same type of player.

But I would ageee that having two in the side is some kind of imbalance. If it’s a straight up decision though - Eze wins hands down for me; always a creative threat, passing, or pure skill. And always offers something different, which can win games, even if he is not in the game.

Comment

Smyth must not go out on loan

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Smyth must not go out on loan
            Agree but the fact he was completely left out of the squad today looks to me like that’s exactly what is going to happen.

Comment

I would understand Smyth loan. Won't get playing time here.

Comment

Luongo is sooooo out of form. Really needs dropping. And Wszolek needs to start wide in a 442. Rather sat on the lead, which is understandable, but the best form of defence is attack. Win Tuesday and get something at Birmingham and things night start looking up. Like the look of the two big professional strikers. Here's hoping.

Met Brighton and Stanley at HT. A pleasure meeting you fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  But hes out of contract in the summer so its not like were sending him out to benefit us. I can't get my head around it unless he doesn't want to sign a new deal here

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

But hes out of contract in the summer so its not like were sending him out to benefit us. I can't get my head around it unless he doesn't want to sign a new deal here
                    Ok, didn't know his contract situation.

Comment

Eze and Freeman are both creative players, however, they are not similar. Freeman is much more combative and can help in the defensive part as well. Most of the danger we create comes from his feet. Eze has class all over him but does not have the combative skills of Freeman. They both can create and do something spectacular. They are both required in the team. As for Luongo, I said more than once this season. His mind is not with the R's. I think he makes up his mind that some other team will bid for him. Things did not work out as he planned!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

Apparently all the kids have options for the club to extend their contracts

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Apparently all the kids have options for the club to extend their contracts
                          Ah cool that makes a bit more sense then

Comment

I was going to say yesterday that we need another midfielder on loan, either a dogged player like Barton or a creative passer. But has to be someone who is confident with the ball. Our midfield three have been too comfortable for too long now with not much threat from anyone taking their places and it's making them too complacent

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              Should always be in the match squad Jim can play wide or off the forward

Comment

Working...
                              X