No announcement yet.

QPR V Wigan Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the second half and thought we played some good football at times.

Freeman played alright from what I saw. Luongo and scowen look of the pace to me.

Wsolev looked good for a few minutes when he came on. I think after watching that we need maybe 1 cb, and 2 midfielders.

Love how Lumley berates our defenders and he looked very good in goal imo.

Comment

• Lumley

Comment

• We definitely look vulnerable down our left side both in the midfield and in defensive positions, Lumley doesn't scare me as much as Ingram has!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

• SMc top top manager.

Comment

• Thank God for this very first win of the season. I am happy with the two new strikers, however, the club needs to strengthen the defence. Although a clean sheet, we gave away too many free kicks and I lost count how many times we cleared the ball just a few meters away straight to an opponent. They need a calm figure at the back. Lumley looks better than Ingram. Yet, as well as Ingram, he does not collect too many crosses. Cannot understand the Smith substitution. Should have brought on Baptiste in such a critical time to help the defence.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                Thank God for this very first win of the season. I am happy with the two new strikers, however, the club needs to strengthen the defence. Although a clean sheet, we gave away too many free kicks and I lost count how many times we cleared the ball just a few meters away straight to an opponent. They need a calm figure at the back. Lumley looks better than Ingram. Yet, as well as Ingram, he does not collect too many crosses. Cannot understand the Smith substitution. Should have brought on Baptiste in such a critical time to help the defence.
                I thought Smith had a couple of crucial defensive headers on set pieces!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

• Lumley was very decent during the tail end of last season when Smithies was out. Great to see him pick up where he left. Massive win.

With Wells and Hamed we have the best strikers since Austin.

Comment

• Our midfield is still a worry. None of them can shoot. But what a great result!!! Wooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post

I thought Smith had a couple of crucial defensive headers on set pieces!
                      Granted. But in such circumstances, you bring an extra defender, not a striker.

Comment

How can we doubt Stevie Mac?
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Thank God for this very first win of the season. I am happy with the two new strikers, however, the club needs to strengthen the defence. Although a clean sheet, we gave away too many free kicks and I lost count how many times we cleared the ball just a few meters away straight to an opponent. They need a calm figure at the back. Lumley looks better than Ingram. Yet, as well as Ingram, he does not collect too many crosses. Cannot understand the Smith substitution. Should have brought on Baptiste in such a critical time to help the defence.
                          Smith helped the defence, didn't you notice?

Comment

• Well earned win I’m over the moon. First win chalked up and decent enough away game to follow it up

what a difference have mobile frontline has. Still things to work on but small steps made today

Comment

There are also plenty of times teams bring on an extra defender to "hold on" and they then concede. Sometimes retaining attackers on the field allowing an out ball rather than inviting wave after wave of pressure is equally beneficial when trying to hold onto a lead. It also says to the opposition if you bring on another defender that you are just going to sit back and hope to stop them scoring so they throw caution to the wind, which often doesn't work. Also there's times when a solid defence that has played well suddenly lose concentration when there's another defender in the mix because there's confusion who's picking up certain players etc and that's all it can take to let one in.

Huge result.

Comment

Smith is our best header, so good substitution IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X