The chairman tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Give me Flavio over Fernandes any day of the week. Would certainly give us a higher profile and definitely bring in more money on the commercial front.
    Rose tinted glasses. Briatore was an awful chairman. Worse then TF because at least he put in some money over the years

Remember losing 5-1 at home to Boro when Flav was the chairman. Then we had lost 6 and drew 1 out of 7 before Saksena took over for the rest of the season

Have a look at the results. Easy to forget how much of a clown Flav was:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009...rs_F.C._season

Comment

Anyone thought it is possibly just old friends meeting for lunch and catching up.

Comment

Route one. 1 promotion while Briatore was owner versus 2 relegation under Fernandes confirns who was an awful chairman. Also Flavio found the club in a worse state than Fernandes did and one thing all of the flavio haters forget is he saved the club and brought in Bernie and the Mitral family and without that takeover we may not have a club at all as there were not too many takers in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

Worse then TF because at least he put in some money over the years
          Which didn't really work out, did it?

In reality Flav & co were far more successul in terms of a) points per match and b) points per £ spent.

Comment

Route one. 1 promotion while Briatore was owner versus 2 relegation under Fernandes confirns who was an awful chairman. Also Flavio found the club in a worse state than Fernandes did and one thing all of the flavio haters forget is he saved the club and brought in Bernie and the Mitral family and without that takeover we may not have a club at all as there were not too many takers in 2007.
            Not only that, Flav as you can see in the 4 year plan attended nearly every match, from league 1, too the championship.
            ​​​​​​Was present during training sessions and showed passion and leadership.

All you got from uncle was stupid twitter posts while he was sitting on a beach half way across the world.

I can understand the hatred for the dwarf ####, and would not want him back at all, but I would take flavio over uncle buck everyday of the week.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Not only that, Flav as you can see in the 4 year plan attended nearly every match, from league 1, too the championship.
              ​​​​​​Was present during training sessions and showed passion and leadership.

All you got from uncle was stupid twitter posts while he was sitting on a beach half way across the world.

I can understand the hatred for the dwarf ####, and would not want him back at all, but I would take flavio over uncle buck everyday of the week.
              Flav was never in charge of us in League 1...
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Uncle tweets......

Sob sob sob

Tony Fernandes

@tonyfernandes
                ·
                10m
                Been an intresting few weeks. Seen what humans are really like. The worse. I have cared to much for everyone and always put other first. You see what humans are like when times are tough.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                  Anyone thought it is possibly just old friends meeting for lunch and catching up.
                  Just naive little me. Sorry. I just thought how could they be so close after all these years, particularly when T&C wouldn't sell to the Mittals.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                    Possibly, until the tweet that bugle just posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Possibly, until the tweet that bugle just posted.

What's the connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        F ack Briatore. No thanks. Frying pans and fires. He and that vile dwarf started all this by starving Neil of money the summer when we went up before selling to Fernandes. Only when he f asked off before the promotion season did things begin to happen. Mittals pls.
                        agreed.

But he is still better than Fernandes.

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

Rose tinted glasses. Briatore was an awful chairman. Worse then TF because at least he put in some money over the years

Remember losing 5-1 at home to Boro when Flav was the chairman. Then we had lost 6 and drew 1 out of 7 before Saksena took over for the rest of the season

Have a look at the results. Easy to forget how much of a clown Flav was:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009...rs_F.C._season
                          No, I have not forgotten that at all. The scars have yet to heal.

Comment

Fernandes got a promotion as well. Best ever day as a fan for me that. Not many clubs bounce back 1st time so some credit for that.

The relegations were from the prem. A newly promoted team. Always favourites for that.

We did stay up in the prem as well under him which was no small feat, considering the only two real prem quality players TF inherited where Adel (didn't perform anywhere as he could) and Faurlin injury nightmare began. Routledge and Walker gone before he got there.

Contrast that with teams who went up the seasons we did and did well: Swansea; Williams, Britton, Allen and ironically Rangel and Leicester went up with players like; Vardy, Morgan, Drinkwater, Schmichel. Even won the Prem!! When you considering that I think you are overstating how good a situation TF inherited

Difference is TF then put in the sort of money that we should have established and it went badly. Flav gave very little money but let's hope TF benefits from Bhatia like he did and you can praise him as an owner then as well

Last edited by Route One; 24-08-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

What's the connection?
                              None I think. He was probably talking about Air Asia

Comment

Route one. We may need Flavio soon to bail us out of the shite that Fernandes has left us in. As I said say what you want but those guys saved us in 2007 and that should never be forgotten. Also the promotion was achieved with the largest wage bill ever in the championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X