Marc Bircham next QPR manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post
    It would obviously be a difficult situation for Birch to step into, is he up for it, I don't know if I'm honest! I really am surprised at the slagging a true QPR man takes on here yet mercenaries are embraced with open arms, until it all goes wrong!
    I agree with you on the slagging off and I was one of the ones who posted. However, i don’t believe I was slagging off the man, more the suggestion of him as manager.

I think all fans have respect for Bircham but people get frustrated by suggestions like this. We’re in the 2nd tier of English football. Maybe not in a good state but we’re still a big club. To manage us a manager should have had experience at other clubs, we shouldn’t be their first appointment. It’s why I think appointments of Gerrard and Lampard are ridiculous. It’s insulting to managers who have worked hard making their way in the game to get overlooked by someone who had a good playing career.

Comment

Can I try after Marc?
      I got ideas...
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

I agree with you on the slagging off and I was one of the ones who posted. However, i don’t believe I was slagging off the man, more the suggestion of him as manager.

I think all fans have respect for Bircham but people get frustrated by suggestions like this. We’re in the 2nd tier of English football. Maybe not in a good state but we’re still a big club. To manage us a manager should have had experience at other clubs, we shouldn’t be their first appointment. It’s why I think appointments of Gerrard and Lampard are ridiculous. It’s insulting to managers who have worked hard making their way in the game to get overlooked by someone who had a good playing career.
        Yes, I agree with most of that James! I would like to see Birch succeed as a manager, I have a lot of respect for him, this is probably not an ideal situation for a relatively inexperienced manager, hopefully the new loan signings make SM look better and all of these rumours and opinions die down a bit!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Bircham is a die hard Rangers man and so are most on here does not mean we should be the manager. Good here as a player under Holloway but no for me as a manager.

Comment

It would obviously be a difficult situation for Birch to step into, is he up for it, I don't know if I'm honest! I really am surprised at the slagging a true QPR man takes on here yet mercenaries are embraced with open arms, until it all goes wrong!
            If Harold Shipman supported QPR would he be your favourite serial killer? Whether he supports QPR or not he was a limited player who relied on gimmicks to maintain support from the stands and hasn't an ounce of football intellect.

Comment

What's being slagged is the idea of him having anything to do with management.....

Comment

Jesus Christ, where do these threads come from?

Comment

is it April 1st
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

If Harold Shipman supported QPR would he be your favourite serial killer? Whether he supports QPR or not he was a limited player who relied on gimmicks to maintain support from the stands and hasn't an ounce of football intellect.
                    Harold shipman would murder the opposition
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

What an embarrassing article.

Comment

It amazes me how many people call for certain ex players to become involved with the club in senior key roles be it manager or coach, based on nothing more than the fact they once played for us and were popular! FFS get your heads looked at. So here's the snapshot.... if it gets even worse, to the point McClaren gets sacked, we will be in an almighty shitpile of trouble, so the logical plan in some peoples eyes is to appoint a bit of a clown with no managerial credentials whatsoever..... right that should solve all our problems!

This week I've seen calls for Ainsworth, Hill and Bircham... Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                          Cook was making fun of Birch on Twitter the other day, looks like they are good mates. Surely couldn't be worse than what we currently have?
                          Oh yes it could.

Comment

So nobody would want him,that will probably make him favourite for the job if McClaren goes

Comment

Working...
                            X