• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

full of #### dave mc....i'll wait and see
    occasionally wrong but gets most things like this correct

Comment

Sorry, but I can't get excited at the moment.

He's had one great season in this division and only scored 10 goals in a promotion winning side despite playing in almost every single match. Good form for a midfielder but for a forward? And especially if we have serious problems at the back?

He is a step in the right direction but until we sort out the defence and GK it;ll count for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

i think so too. i didnn't think les had done a bad job considering the mess he had to clear out up until the transfer window closed. its literally his job to bring in new faces which we desperately needed but he brought in one bloke on a free despite clearing up around 80-100k a week in wages and bringing in over 3m in the sale of smithies but NONE of that was reinvested into the playing staff and that quite frankly aint good enough.

we're a championship club who looked promising during preseason ffs so its hardly like we can't attract anyone here, whats happened with the so called europe wide scouting that penrice was doing? we had loads of targets apparently but didn't bring in a single one, thats down to les! i work as a gardener and if i did a terrible job on a site before an important meeting i'd be sacked!

same applies for les, theres no way that it was financially impossible to bring anyone in on a free or cheap yet les managed to do that!

don't get me wrong, bringing in wells and hemed is brilliant for the club but i suspect that there will be hefty loan fees and wage costs for both. the club has just hit the panic button imo but the fault lies at les and tony's feet
        Totally agree that the last to results have helped us to make these signings.

So obvious that the day after getting smashed against Bristol that we happen to agree to sign two Premier league strikers.

The board obviously told hoos to let loose the money.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Will we be able to find a home for Washy and/or Smyth on loan to offset some wages?
          Washi can clean the toilets, Smyth can play left wing.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Be over the moon if these come off but if people think two decent strikers will solve our problems there sorely mistaken ! Means we will lose 7-5 rather than 7-1 need defenders a keeper and a proper combative cm

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

He's had one great season in this division and only scored 10 goals in a promotion winning side despite playing in almost every single match. Good form for a midfielder but for a forward? And especially if we have serious problems at the back?

He is a step in the right direction but until we sort out the defence and GK it;ll count for nothing.
              I think we need more than just two strikers so agree with you

Comment

Great signing if it actually comes off and makes us a completely different proposition for opponents actually having someone who is a threat up front. Just wish they'd sorted this sooner, not after 4 defeats from 4

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Your right, I just made the assumption.

Will just say Welldone to the club.

Will be chuffed with these two signings.
                  Just need a keeper and cb then it's happy days.
                  Fair play. If we were to get Collins in as well I'd be well happy. And if we can't get a keeper in, play Lumley ahead of Ingram.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Agree with this. Would be a good signing and a step in the right direction but he is no world beater as some seem to be suggesting.....so lets not write him off as rubbish if he doesn't score for a few games.

Comment

Hopefully they can hold on to the ball better and give the defenders a bit of a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Fair play. If we were to get Collins in as well I'd be well happy. And if we can't get a keeper in, play Lumley ahead of Ingram.
                        Thought Collins was at Loftus Road the other night as guest of Bristol City

Comment

Oh come on, this has to be good news! If Nahki Wells isn't better than Washington I'll eat my cat.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            In all fairness to the club who I have been giving a lot of abuse to this week, this would be a very good bit of business. With out being greedy if we get him and Hememd we have a top 6 strike force in my opinion and the club would deserve a lot of credit for this.
                            I agree. Let's hope it happens.

Comment

I’m on a train into the city and have to leave the carriage with a semi after hearing this news. He’s no world beater but it just goes to show how toothless we are up front for me and many others to be so ####ing happy.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Sky saying the same as everyone else "we are in talks" and "deal is close".....not interested in hearing any more about either of these 2 players until they have actually signed

Comment

Working...
                                X