• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a coventry city fan once said " be careful what u wish for "

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      Sound advice 72. Although Coventry never owned the stadium only leased it. But. Sound advice non the less on all the current discontent

Comment

One teams failure against multiple others who succeeded! Stoke, Swansea, Reading, Cardiff etc My wish for the record would be remaining at LR and redevelopment but I don’t believe that is going to be possible, so a move away is sadly required or we will just wither away from challenging in top 2 divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

One teams failure against multiple others who succeeded! Stoke, Swansea, Reading, Cardiff etc My wish for the record would be remaining at LR and redevelopment but I don’t believe that is going to be possible, so a move away is sadly required or we will just wither away from challenging in top 2 divisions.
          reading is awful empty seats all over the ground , cardiff in PL , stoke and swansea regularly in PL so very different . let's get in right on the pitch , crowds back then think about a new ground .

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Stoke, Swansea, Reading and Cardiff... What's the common factor? One team towns. We play in a borough with three clubs and a city with a dozen league clubs and hundreds of non football distractions vying for our disposal incomes.

Also, something to think about is that new grounds simply allowed Stoke, Cardiff and Swansea to restore themselves to natural stations, not create something which never existed. The attendances and success they enjoy now are not at odds with their histories. Reading have enjoyed unprecedented success over the last 20 years but, as I said in another post, it is this success - first achieved at Elm Park - which required a new ground and not a new ground which started the success.

The reason we need a new ground is not because of success but because even sides like Sutton United have non-match day facilities which boast their finances. Our survival is not in doubt if we stay at Loftus Road but our ability to operate at this level is because other clubs can use their grounds for a whole array of non football activities that we can only dream about.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Stoke, Swansea, Reading and Cardiff... What's the common factor? One team towns. We play in a borough with three clubs and a city with a dozen league clubs and hundreds of non football distractions vying for our disposal incomes.

Also, something to think about is that new grounds simply allowed Stoke, Cardiff and Swansea to restore themselves to natural stations, not create something which never existed. The attendances and success they enjoy now are not at odds with their histories. Reading have enjoyed unprecedented success over the last 20 years but, as I said in another post, it is this success - first achieved at Elm Park - which required a new ground and not a new ground which started the success.

The reason we need a new ground is not because of success but because even sides like Sutton United have non-match day facilities which boast their finances. Our survival is not in doubt if we stay at Loftus Road but our ability to operate at this level is because other clubs can use their grounds for a whole array of non football activities that we can only dream about.
              good post , what else could you do in stoke on a saturday but go to football

Comment

good post , what else could you do in stoke on a saturday but go to football
                Well they definitely don’t go to beauty parlours

Comment

Working...
                X