The debacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The debacle

Understandably lots of worried and hacked off people on here and lots of blame being apportioned.

For me though the worrying thing is what we now do. Transfer wise we are farked by FFP so our only options are loans and freebies and the window is rapidly closing. We are unlikely to get more than a couple of squad fillers.
    So we are looking at how we can survive the season and end it outside the bottom three. I’m not one to panic usually after a few games but we started reasonably poorly and then disintegrated completely.

On plus side we have some reasonable players and some decent youngsters. Not entirely without hope. Could do with some of those in defence but can’t have everything!

We do seem to have lurched though from one carp manager to appointing another one. I was supportive of appointing SM as I had hoped he would work well within our set up and has a good reputation for training which is important given our youngsters. However first four games have been so bad I’m thinking it will not work. Has had up and down managerial career and, for me, never consistently convinced so get rid of manager. Harsh after four games but just looking so bad drastic action needed. Nothing positive to say about him so far.

That then leads to who we then get in. In the past I have been positive about how attractive we would be to potential managers and I stand by that. However at present we have FFP and a backline that has been so decimated it would struggle in League One. I can’t see us being attractive until at least next summer and that is if we cling onto Championship status.

As lots of people have said some managers also will not work under a DoF role. I personally am not against us having a DoF. It makes sense and potentially takes a lot of distractions away from the manager so said manager can concentrate on making the team tick. However full transparency is needed over how the division of power works between our DoF and any manager. Without that it will continue to be an issue for some.

One or two names have been bandied around. I’ll stick my neck out and say Mick McCarthy type is probably what we need. Knows this division inside out and how to manage sides with little resource. To settle us down and navigate through what will be a difficult season. Not the manager for the long term but type we need for next year or two.

And no not getting Ollie back! Another manager who can go on losing runs, albeit makes right noises, fist pumping etc.

Finally lots of comments about Uncle and not without justification. However, for whatever reason, Amit has now stepped up so Uncle possibly a moot point and would rather look forward personally.

Bunch of spineless crumblers that disintegrate at the whiff of an attack in our half is the most worrying aspect of where we are.

Comment

I like the use of the word debacle
      Synonyms for debacle

noun catastrophe

Comment

I hope the xucking players read this forum because they need to find the conscience to call themselves professional. Bunch of thieving ₢unts.

Comment

Working...
        X